Antara Owners Club banner

As a current Antara owner would you buy another one.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
As the Antara is no longer available from motability, my current Antara will be my last.

Not sure what my next car will be when it comes to ordering time in December. It will be a 4x4 though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The answer to this question is yes I would have another Antara. The only thing is I want one which doesn't have too many problems like the one I have now. As a caravaner I would like a 100kg nose weight not the 80kg. I would also like a better mpg but then you don't buy a 4x4 for economy!
I like the Antara and I really think it's understated and vauxhall haven't really helped them selves with advertising the car!
I would also like some better colours to choose from. I do like the colour white but next time probably go for something different.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Antara se 184 ,yes I would,,I have had mine now for over six months ,the spec on it is superb for the money, the ride and driving position is great,mine is very quite it really is good value for money and the mpg for the size of the car is pretty good too, avg mpg 37.5 including regens,I know its early days but have had no faults or niggles apart from the recall for the starter motor cableI dont run it on supermarket diesel only esso ,bp,shell etc believing this is better for the car
the regens happen about every 510 miles and when they are finished I normally reset the bc trip

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Answear Yes, but I will be selling her once she's three next May 2016
Problem I am finding it hard to drive due to pain in hands arms going to look for a mobility aid for steering wheel, 2nd problem getting pip for mobility and care so motability does not do the Antara so great whilst it lasted

·
Registered
405 Posts
If I won the Lottery, then no I would buy a Range Rover, Audi, BMW, Merc and a Porsche that way at least one 4x4 would be on the road and not at the dealers being fixed. However I have never bought a lottery ticket in my life so I guess I will stick with the Antara.In the real world if I was ever to change it for another tow car, which is unlikely at my age then yes I would definitelybuy another one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Heart says yes but head says no, fantastic car, looks great , pulls the caravan as if it is not there, great spec, BUT all spoiled by having to regen the DPF far too often (every 300 odd miles).
Vauxhall really need to look at this as others in the same class do not suffer from this.
Could not register my vote at the top of the page as I am not permitted to vote for some reason.Edited by: vauxhallbitz

·
Registered
92 Posts
Agree with above post DPF & EGR valves have definately taken the shine off my ownership experience . That combined with 2 injector failures and sump leaks meant my 18 months have not been a joyful time . That said I don't know what I will replace it with for comparable money ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
My Antara is only 1 year old and will keeps as long as possible. We have had new cars and vans for years but are getting fed up with poor dealers with all makes so will now buy cars just out of warrantie for a good price and use the saving to get it fixed if it brakes. Tha antara is very good for what we need (towing) and not sure what we would replace it with.
So the answer would be yes but not new just get the best Antara I can for the best price.

·
Registered
450 Posts
SJG said:
Share this view, 2 more years with the caravan then that's my last Diesel, fancy an Insignia VXR next...
Hi folks, Im shopping for an Antatra at the moment so interesting to hear your views, both good and bad. Looking at a 2012 2.2 CDTI Exclusiv from a dealer with 30k on the clock.

Funny thing is Im going the other way, from an Insignia to an Antara lol

Edited by: edgejedi

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't get me wrong, mine is nearly 2 years old and I have had no real problems, some trim rattles and trim not fitting on the dashboard speaker grill but for the price paid for a good tow car it's good enough. Main issue is I am lucky enough to live 5 miles from work so daily do this drive, the dreaded DPF seems to cope but when it needs regenration it's a special journey for a blast up the MWay, my mileage doesn't support a diesel but my towing the caravan does...

·
Registered
121 Posts
We've just had our Antara a couple of weeks now, and will probably keep 3-4 years. I don't have any issues with it, but if budget allows I'd probably move up to a higher spec 4x4 when I change - thinking of maybe something like a Q5 or an Evoque.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.