Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again folks,

I've already posted the following on Faults below but thought I'd put it here too just in case...........................

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up and word of warning on a 'possible' fault with the seating in the Antara. I was traveling home this morning from working a nightshift when my drivers seat collapsed backwards, throwing me almost horizontal with me facing the interior roof of the car!!!

I managed to just hold onto the wheel one handed before pulling myself up and managed to brake to a halt. Luckily it was first thing and the road was clear, God knows what could have happened an hour or so later OR if my wife was driving, there is no way she would have managed to pull herself up one handed.

Anyway I traveled straight to the dealers where we discovered the front two fixing bolts had come totally undone. This was quickly fixed and all other bolts checked etc. I obviously made my feelings clear to the staff in Arnold Clark Dundee who were excellent.

Once home I contacted VX to tell the my tale of woe and they were appalled and are now investigating. I pointed out to them, yes it was a quick fix but the potential consequences could have been fatal. They agreed.

Now of course this is probably a one off, but I'd thought I'd let yourselves know just in case. I'd hate for it to happen to anyone. I'm a big, strapping lad, Firefighter for a living but this left me pretty shaken and I know only too well of the potential consequences of this type of thing.

I will keep you updated on the results of VX's investigation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just come back from vx dealer as my seat suddenly started rocking for no reason booked in for Tuesday could be a major fault as from what I've been reading

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vexorg said:
TheCoosTail said:
The bolts that fix the seat to the floor, they are very obvious.

Not on mine. 
They are. 4 large bolts, one in each corner of the seat base, attached to the rail in the floor. I can't put it anymore plainly than that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, may have to remove the carpet/foam at the front? It is where the entire seat unit attaches to the floor of the car, not sure your pictures are showing this.Edited by: TheCoosTail

1 - 13 of 13 Posts