Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had the Oil Quality light come on the dash of our Antara and I had it in to our dealer yesterday to check things out - it had 9 fault codes come up on the reader and needs to go in for a full day of diagnostics as their technician was not available.

Three of the areas they mentioned throwing up codes were the DPF, EGR and glow plugs so I'm really worried about this now. Any ideas what the faults could be related to or is the above to generic to go from?

Got it booked in Wed for the full works and to get the news on what needs to be done. Only had the car 4 months, it's coming up for 2 years old with 8k on the clock - hopefully will get resolved easily/quickly...

Thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Baz
hopefully the car will be covered under warranty if you have have had it only two months ,did you buy the car through a vauxhall dealer, network Q ,if so I would think you have nothing to worry abouthope everything gets sorted Wednesday ,please keep us all informed of the outcome
bobbyt

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think 8,000 miles in 2 years tells part of the story . I wouldn't mind guessing the low mileage has been covered on very short trips hence why it's logged DPF and EGR faults . The antara doesn't like short trips the EGR valve is probably choked up or maybe sensor well sooted up . Mine got to 14,000 before similar issues arose and I put it down to it being an x demonstrator being used for frequent short trips . If they suggest replacing the EGR make sure they check the rest of the front section of the exhaust is clear . Unfortunately a lot of vauxhall dealerships don't seem very well clued up with antara issues . Fingers crossed they can sort it on Wednesday for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.