Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all dont know how to fix this.in the daytime at the mo its quite hit so on goes the aircon.then in the evening its coller but not cold enough for the heater or warm enough for the air con. So upon deiving at 9 pm the window misted up.put on blower and upto windscreen.but this made it worse.the only way i could get it clear was to use the air con.so y when i drive at night does it do this

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Leave aircon on and make sure the recycle air is off if its caused by rain. If your windows are steaming up for any other reason i cant help you other than dont breath so hard.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good but those days have long since gone.its ok to leave the air con on but not only does it use fuel more but its cold and not needed

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I dont think you will find much difference in mpg if any using the aircon. Its only a problem with smaller engined cars.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
What ever do you mean Grumps
i remember those days

·
Registered
184 Posts
so y when i drive at night does it do this
It mists up because warm air is hitting a cold surface. The windscreen will be colder due to the lower outside temperature. Air - Con is a "dry heat" removing the moisture from the surface ( dehumidifying )

I tend to agree with Grumps - mpg should not be affected too much at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.