Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might help some of you at have had trouble with the windows misting up. The wife and my daughter have had trouble the last few days and found are karcher vac window cleaner as seen on tv is really good at removing the water. She just keeps it on the passenger floor. It work on the outside as well.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I always get a 2 ltr milk carton of warm (NOT hot) water and gently poor it over the screen to warm it up gently.This will stop condensation.This works in icy weather as well.

I always use water that you bath a baby in -tepid - warm etc...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I slung a pair of 1kg ThoMar "Air Dry" desiccant bags in the car because the carpets get soggy damp from walking the dog. Wife doesn't like them but they look like carpet coloured sausage cushions and they regenerate on a radiator after a couple of months use.
The A/C now clears all the mist off in about one second, and I do mean blink and it's gone.

Scrubbing, and I do mean eblow grease, the inside of the windscreen with Autoglym "Glass Polish" may also help. Seems to contain ammonia and powdered chalk. No idea what the blue colour is but it dries white. Stops it attracting moisture and forming streaks. With that done I don't have to keep turning the A/C demist on and off whilst driving.

Wind deflectors I've used for years and like a lot but never noticed they or an open window help with demisting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just been browsing the site . Misting is bad in our Antara ,i've read your remedies and thinking ...why the hell after spending thousands of our hard earned money on the cars we have to find remedies to solve misting problems .Maybe we need to be asking Vauxhall why it's misting in the first place .

·
Registered
586 Posts
I bought a car dehumidifier from halfords £10, ever the pesamist I was sure I was wasting my money but thought I would give it a go, well it's the best £10 spent works perfect, it's about 300mm long black/grey back of granules that you lie on dash of a night etc.... Literally no mist at all I can't believe it, I've had it 2 months and assuming you remember to put it on top of dash it's spot on

·
Registered
422 Posts
Today morning when I push button and try dismisting windscreen air was blowing everywhere , but not on windscreen.I have to wait 20 minutes for a clear visibility.Also found out electric heated mirrors not working.
Any ideas

·
Registered
121 Posts
You should try turning on the air con until it clears - that normally helps it clean quicker. Also, the cleaner the glass the less likely it is to mist so it's worth buying glass wipes / cleaning it with glass cleaner and that should help too.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Tried everything, air con off and on, windowscreen been cleaned on monday.I thing it is a software issue because on any settings air not blowing on the windscreen.I will try disconect battery tonight, if it doesn't help propably I have to see my dealer...
Anyway I own a car for a week , and found first gremlins!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
kiego said:
Today morning when I push button and try dismisting windscreen air was blowing everywhere , but not on windscreen.I have to wait 20 minutes for a clear visibility.Also found out electric heated mirrors not working.
Any ideas
The heated mirrors only work when you have your rear screen demister on.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I know when mirrors work, hope it will be fuse only [;)
Now when i pushed dismisting button fan blowing straight on windscreen .Tried before all settings, and most of the air has been blown by the holes on dashboard.

·
Registered
422 Posts
GuysI had them closed,also on windowscreen I got rain x ,and inside rain x fogg off aplied.(detailing cars is my hobby)
Maybe I am daft but in all my cars previously owned dismisting button caused blowing air on full fan speed straight on to windscreen,and on this case air blown everywhere,but not on windscreen!And after few hours button started working as it should!Now is not working again,so battery is disconected.

·
Registered
422 Posts
After changing new pollen filter and leaving car dehumidifier on dashboard for all night mist gone.
But I still can't change air direction

Spoke with a dealer and they said propably one of the motors responsible for changing direction gone.I'm leaving car in Pentagon Sheffield on monday morning, and job should be done same day, so fingers crossed!
Thank you for all advise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.