Antara Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
antara184 said:
It definitely lost power when it went into re-gen mode and it wasn't limp home mode either. The engine also felt and sounded awful and at the same time the car was doing 9.9mpg for nearly fifty miles at 70mph! £30 worth of diesel just like that, all to save the environment!! How can anyone with common sense think that is in any way a good thing? Except the fuel companies and the treasury! Anyhow, I couldn't care less about DRL's BUT...I was told the car had them, so where are they? I had a Volvo and as you the headlights were on all the time, no where was there an auto position on that light switch, a '0' and an 'on' but the 'on' was so the dash lights came on and the main beam switch stayed in the on position when selected. I also know the Antara doesn't have to have them.

I was never informed that the Volvo had auto lights that came on when it got dark, Vauxhall did (See above post) Volvo never told me the car had something when it didn't. Volvo always made me a coffee when ever I walked in. Volvo always made me feel like I was a valued customer even if they hated me, Vauxhall seem to think of customers as an annoyance. But my main gripes are the lies I was told, "Yes sir the Antara has DRL's" "yes sir the Antara has lights that come on automatically when it gets dark" "Yes sir the mirrors fold in when you lock the car"

I want someone to take Vauxhall to task over the blatant lies.
Whatever was happening when you got 9.9mpg for 50 miles at 70mph, it was not a normal regeneration. I've never had a regen that lasted longer than 22 miles. You obviously have some sort of fault with your car and you should pursue VX about that.

What you are experiencing is not normal.

As for the DRLs, I can see it bothers you that they don't work as it is described in the book. Personally I see it as a very minor problem and would not let it upset me in any way.

If your really feel you have been seriously misled, then you should ask for your money back on the grounds the car was not as described. You obviously will never be happy as an Antara owner, so maybe it would be best for you to look to another manufacturer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
antara184 said:
It definitely lost power when it went into re-gen mode and it wasn't limp home mode either. The engine also felt and sounded awful and at the same time the car was doing 9.9mpg for nearly fifty miles at 70mph! £30 worth of diesel just like that, all to save the environment!! How can anyone with common sense think that is in any way a good thing? Except the fuel companies and the treasury! Anyhow, I couldn't care less about DRL's BUT...I was told the car had them, so where are they? I had a Volvo and as you the headlights were on all the time, no where was there an auto position on that light switch, a '0' and an 'on' but the 'on' was so the dash lights came on and the main beam switch stayed in the on position when selected. I also know the Antara doesn't have to have them.

I was never informed that the Volvo had auto lights that came on when it got dark, Vauxhall did (See above post) Volvo never told me the car had something when it didn't. Volvo always made me a coffee when ever I walked in. Volvo always made me feel like I was a valued customer even if they hated me, Vauxhall seem to think of customers as an annoyance. But my main gripes are the lies I was told, "Yes sir the Antara has DRL's" "yes sir the Antara has lights that come on automatically when it gets dark" "Yes sir the mirrors fold in when you lock the car"

I want someone to take Vauxhall to task over the blatant lies.
You know what Antara 184 you contact Watchdog you seem to have the most grips and you know what else go and get a bloody Volvo .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
When I'm driving down a tree lined road with dull sky the lights are naturally coming on and going off as the light changes. As the daytime lights are simply a dimmer presentation of the same headlights it gives less impression of flashing the lights on and off.

I see this as a good thing as it is less confusing to other motorists..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Dilligaf said:
The Antara DOES have auto lights and they work well. The way to get them working is to get their silly drls switched off.
Totally agree with the above - my dealer switched them off no questions asked. My auto lights work perfectly as do the auto wipers, no issue with them at all.

I've driven a range of other GM cars in the US and all the lights worked exactly the same way as the antara, unless they have LEDs - I think the main gripe is people are expecting the DLR to be nice modern LEDs....Edited by: JR123
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
JR123 said:
Dilligaf said:
The Antara DOES have auto lights and they work well. The way to get them working is to get their silly drls switched off.
Totally agree with the above - my dealer switched them off no questions asked. My auto lights work perfectly as do the auto wipers, no issue with them at all.

I've driven a range of other GM cars in the US and all the lights worked exactly the same way as the antara.

I think the main gripe is people are expecting the DLR to be nice modern LEDs....
My auto lights work well as do my wipers from day one of getting my car in May 2013
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
My auto gives headlights & rear lights on at all times regardless of lighting conditions. Also, these are not any "dimmer" than the normal headlights- I've been in front of plate glass to try it. The only thing that's auto on mine in the dash lights, these are the only thing that switch on & off automatically linked with outside lighting conditions!!

So, what's auto about my lights????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
I didn't buy my car on motability, nor did I finance,lease or steal it, so I guess I fall into the criteria antara mentions. However, I've never had a dpf light. Never noticed a regen and generally get an average of 39mpg. the car now has 33k on the clock so clearly they are not all lemons. I also use a vauxhall dealership who have always satisfied my expectation of good customer service.

I'm more than happy that the car delivers the promised spec and can see it lasting longer than my e90 3series BMW. Which might I add was the worst car I've ever owned in terms of reliability. Whenever I took that tithe dealers I always got the " they all do that " response. Trust me it's not just vauxhall dealers that deliver these lines
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Why are private buyers slagging off leased or motability owners?
Motability Customers who have purchased the Antara either traded in or handed over money to put down a hefty £1420 toward payment as well as giving up there disability allowances to pay for their Antara's which comes to a total of between £9777.00 and £10.000 over three years just to and try and keep themselves mobile, which in my reckoning gives them the same rights as anyone else.
So if people are so petty and narrow minded about how they should be in -titled to a better service because they have paid more are just such nasty horrible people in the inside, as well as the outside and should take a good hard look at themselves.
Everybody that has one of these cars have contributed money of some sort either through private, leased through a company or motability so stop being a jack ass.
Edited by: wilma08
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Would agree with what you are saying about dealers, I have bought my fair share of new cars (approx every 18 months) and I have come across 3 dealerships which were first class, all different manufacturers, but all independent family concerns who value your custom and business and want repeat business as they dont have huge lease contracts etc...

I asked for the DRLs to be switched off and I have the switch on auto all the time. I have no lights on at all until it becomes dark enough and then they come on, if the wipers are going the lights come on, when I lock or open the car they are on for about 30 seconds. Haven't got a clue what the rears are doing.

I am perfectly happy with the way the lights are functioning for me and to be honest couldn't careless if other road users think I should have my lights on all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
wilma08 said:
Why are private buyers slagging off leased or motability owners?
Motability Customers who have purchased the Antara either traded in or handed over money to put down a hefty £1420 toward payment as well as giving up there disability allowances to pay for their Antara's which comes to a total of between £9777.00 and £10.000 over three years just to and try and keep themselves mobile, which in my reckoning gives them the same rights as anyone else.
So if people are so petty and narrow minded about how they should be in -titled to a better service because they have paid more are just such nasty horrible people in the inside, as well as the outside and should take a good hard look at themselves.
Everybody that has one of these cars have contributed money of some sort either through private, leased through a company or motability so stop being a jack ass.
To be clear, I was not slagging mobility, antara indicated that perhaps those who had used mobility wouldn't expect a functioning vehicle hence why most are happy with their cars. I simply stated I paid cash for mine and am more than happy. I'm not sure why it would make a difference how you paid. Perhaps the unhappy should start a " I wish I wasnt an antara owners club" for the moderators administrators it would be simple to run . 1 thread on dpf should suffice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
wilma08 said:
Why are private buyers slagging off leased or motability owners?
Motability Customers who have purchased the Antara either traded in or handed over money to put down a hefty £1420 toward payment as well as giving up there disability allowances to pay for their Antara's which comes to a total of between £9777.00 and £10.000 over three years just to and try and keep themselves mobile, which in my reckoning gives them the same rights as anyone else.
Well said - shouldn't matter one bit how the car was acquired, everyone are VX customers and everyone should get the same all-round service.

I have nothing against the Motability charity, and to be honest the scheme helps everyone out as their sales count the same as private sales for dealers which can enable them to offer private buyers discounts etc as they contribute to targets.

My car is through garage finance, grate interest rate which I would have been a fool to say no to, plus I got VX partners discounts through my work and being a Unison member and I don't expect any special treatment. Edited by: JR123
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Baza55 said:
wilma08 said:
Why are private buyers slagging off leased or motability owners?
Motability Customers who have purchased the Antara either traded in or handed over money to put down a hefty £1420 toward payment as well as giving up there disability allowances to pay for their Antara's which comes to a total of between £9777.00 and £10.000 over three years just to and try and keep themselves mobile, which in my reckoning gives them the same rights as anyone else.
So if people are so petty and narrow minded about how they should be in -titled to a better service because they have paid more are just such nasty horrible people in the inside, as well as the outside and should take a good hard look at themselves.
Everybody that has one of these cars have contributed money of some sort either through private, leased through a company or motability so stop being a jack ass.
To be clear, I was not slagging mobility, antara indicated that perhaps those who had used mobility wouldn't expect a functioning vehicle hence why most are happy with their cars. I simply stated I paid cash for mine and am more than happy. I'm not sure why it would make a difference how you paid. Perhaps the unhappy should start a " I wish I wasnt an antara owners club" for the moderators administrators it would be simple to run . 1 thread on dpf should suffice
Brazza
Was it Antara 184 if it was then he should take a long hard look at himself and how much he hates his car ( perhaps a victor meldrew) I do not understand why anybody on motability would not expect a fully functioning car and should be happy for what they get, I would find that strange, has they like everybody else are entitled to the same service.
My husband and I change our cars every three years, I have mobility problems and could certinatly not do without my car, I would be stuck, unhappy and depressed as it gives me the freedom I desire, although I cannot walk far it's my lifeline for me and my family.
I really think you are correct about people that are so unhappy with their purchase should have their own thread to which they could have a big baby boy bitch fest and one thread on DPF would suffice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
What a ludicrous thing to suggest that there is a difference between mobility and private ownership. No matter how you purchase or own your car you expect it built, serviced and aftercare to the same standard.. Has Antara 184 ever considered that one day he may need Mobility? Iama private owner and hope that I will never need Mobility. Wilma, I know the pain you must go through and others like you who have Mobility and rely on it to get around and maintain that standard of life. My own wife suffers from fibromyalgia...
Antara 184 , the most negative person I know, so much so he has to earth himself !!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Off Road Doc said:
What a ludicrous thing to suggest that there is a difference between mobility and private ownership. No matter how you purchase or own your car you expect it built, serviced and aftercare to the same standard.. Has Antara 184 ever considered that one day he may need Mobility? Iam a  private owner and hope that I will never need Mobility. Wilma, I know the pain you must go through and others like you who have Mobility and rely on it to get around and maintain that standard of life. My own wife suffers from fibromyalgia... 
Antara 184 , the most negative person I know, so much so he has to earth himself !!!!!!
Unfortunately I am a private owner too but I will always stand up for people that are less fortunate than myself, I was a mental health nurse for a some 18/19 years and have came across people that enjoy nothing more than being absulatley nasty horrible and self destructive until no one really likes them or takes notice of them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Hang on a minute! Who said I said anything about Motability customers? Who ever it was needs to get their facts right!

For the record... I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MOTABILITY CUSTOMERS OR THE DISABLED IN GENERAL!!!

I actually have two disabled children, thankfully not bad enough to be able to claim a motability car but disabled all the same.

So why does my dealer not know how to turn the lights off then? I've asked and I keep asking!! Back to customer service again! They are useless, taking my car to them because there 'may' be something wrong when it does a re-gen is a waste of time and money and stress, I can hear them now, "nothing wrong sir, they all do that"!!! And worry not Wilma, my next car WILL NOT BE A VAUXHALL!! I'm sorry I'm unhappy with a £27,000 car Wilma and I really wish I could get back every penny I wasted on it but alas, Vauxhall politely stick to the "There's nothing wrong with it sir" stance so I'm stuck with it unless I take a huge loss trading it in.

And I have been on to Watchdog, they're as useless as Vauxhall customer services and trading standards!

The Antara has a £1999 advanced payment on motability which they do not get back and it costs them around £55 a week to LEASE them for three years. They do not get given a car, it isn't and never will be theirs, it is in effect just a hire car and they deserve just as much respect as the rest of us. Had to sort out the inlaws last year who never realised that they were entitled to one. Boy are they happy now they have a reliable car. Hopefully those of you who believe all you read about disabled people do not have an accident or illness anytime soon. Would you be so pleased if you had a stroke and were slated for being 'work shy' or a 'benefit scrounger'? What if your child contracted a virus and was brain damaged, would you still call the disabled 'work shy' or 'stealing from the tax payer scum'? Stop being so childish and have some respect.

Oh well, don't worry Wilma, I'll not be back to annoy you or moan about a rubbish car and rubbish customer service on a web site dedicated to the Antara and hopefully solving problems.

I hope all of you who have issues with your cars get it sorted, although I wouldn't hold your breath!

Edited by: antara184
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
antara184 said:
So why does my dealer not know how to turn the lights off then? I've asked and I keep asking!! Back to customer service again! They are useless, taking my car to them because there 'may' be something wrong when it does a re-gen is a waste of time and money and stress, I can hear them now, "nothing wrong sir, they all do that"!!! And worry not Wilma, my next car WILL NOT BE A VAUXHALL!! I'm sorry I'm unhappy with a £27,000 car Wilma and I really wish I could get back every penny I wasted on it but alas, Vauxhall politely stick to the "There's nothing wrong with it sir" stance so I'm stuck with it unless I take a huge loss trading it in.

And I have been on to Watchdog, they're as useless as Vauxhall customer services and trading standards!

The Antara has a £1999 advanced payment on motability which they do not get back and it costs them around £55 a week to LEASE them for three years. They do not get given a car, it isn't and never will be theirs, it is in effect just a hire car and they deserve just as much respect as the rest of us. Had to sort out the inlaws last year who never realised that they were entitled to one. Boy are they happy now they have a reliable car. Hopefully those of you who believe all you read about disabled people do not have an accident or illness anytime soon. Would you be so pleased if you had a stroke and were slated for being 'work shy' or a 'benefit scrounger'? What if your child contracted a virus and was brain damaged, would you still call the disabled 'work shy' or 'stealing from the tax payer scum'? Stop being so childish and have some respect.
Oh well, don't worry Wilma, I'll not be back to annoy you or moan about a rubbish car and rubbish customer service on a web site dedicated to the Antara and hopefully solving problems.

I hope all of you who have issues with your cars get it sorted, although I wouldn't hold your breath!

Antara 184 please seek help you need it and one more thing GOOD BYE and all the Best with your chosen car
 
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top