Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, am hoping you guys can help me; I have a 13 plate 2.2 diesel Antara and, whilst R - 4th gears are fine when driving, when I go to 5th the engine acts as though it's in 3rd and, when in 6th, acts as though it's in 4th gear. A mechanic has looked at it and has said that I need new gearbox cables but I can't find them available anywhere and I'm not getting a reply from my local Vauxhall dealer. Has anyone else had a similar issue and where did you manage to source your cable (or do I need 2 for 5th & 6th?) from?

Thank you in advance for any help!
Amy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there
Ive just got the same problem. 5/6 have vanished and i can only get gears 1-4 and reverse. Just hot it back from the garage and they say the gearbox ends of the cables are corroded possibly from a leaky battery. Did you get yours fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everone, Antara 2.2 4x4 on 2013 plate looks like all the the 6 speed have the same problem, with the secletion 5 th and 6th gears it is the outer cable that cordes stops the correct amount of travel to engage 5th and then 6th, This is a poor design on the manafactures. As the all the water from the windscreen falls onto the cables and causes them to rust thurs making them to fail because the outer cable get shorter, I am in the prossess of desigining a modifircation as we speak. these cables are out of stock for the UK also mega bucks to buy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts