Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can reset the tyre pressure system to say what wheel is on which corner of the car? without having to go to the dealers.

Long story cut short, I needed two new tyres on the front of the car, and the tyre place replacing the tyres told me my wheels where all blistering and to take them to the dealer to have them replaced under warranty.

So, I went to Bristol street motors in Sunderland and they said they would get them sorted. (there is a longer story with me threatening legal action if anyone to hear that)

Anyhow, the 4 wheels got replaced but they have put the wheels on the wrong corner. i.e I inflate the driver rear the front passenger is showing the change.. which is a nightmare as all 4 wheels are warning me now.

If I never had the 2 new tyres on the front, I would just swap them around myself but I like to replace my tyres in pairs.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't know how to reset the TPMS but to be honest, if this was caused by the dealer when replacing the wheels, then I would insist he fixes the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
The system is supposed to work it out for itself if the wheels are swapped but if it doesn't it will need reset either by a dealer or I was told you can buy tools on eBay etc.

I'm sure National tyres and maybe Kwik fit can reset them. Give them a call and ask.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can reset the tyre pressure system to say what wheel is on which corner of the car? without having to go to the dealers.

Long story cut short, I needed two new tyres on the front of the car, and the tyre place replacing the tyres told me my wheels where all blistering and to take them to the dealer to have them replaced under warranty.

So, I went to Bristol street motors in Sunderland and they said they would get them sorted. (there is a longer story with me threatening legal action if anyone to hear that)

Anyhow, the 4 wheels got replaced but they have put the wheels on the wrong corner. i.e I inflate the driver rear the front passenger is showing the change.. which is a nightmare as all 4 wheels are warning me now.

If I never had the 2 new tyres on the front, I would just swap them around myself but I like to replace my tyres in pairs.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mark
Hi, I think doc John has the answer by, the way not me. You turn the key 1 click on then off then on “ I think “ you should hear a bleep. 1. go to front near side tyre and let down slowly till the front indicator near side flashes then go to front off side and do as 1. let down till indicator flashes. Then back off side do the same as the front,then do back near side let down and flashes but also horn sounds to say done. It might be on you tube hope thats helpful

1 - 4 of 4 Posts