Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you dont like to speak about the fuel price but i just want to check some areas for fuel price. So when i travel about with the caravan is it worth filling up at home or just making sure i have enough to get to where im going. One station near me is £1.61 per litre.cheers

·
Registered
571 Posts
H-H-HOW MUCH. what area is that and what you running on. ..Gold!!!!.
I fuelled up yesterday at £1.38.9 at Esso on A5 near Atherstone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury`s, all £1.37.9 p/litre for Dieselnear to me in the West Mids.

·
Registered
659 Posts
brian84 said:
I filled up the other day at £1.39 at Asda in Newmains

Oh Brian, I thought that you were a "Shell" man like me

£141.9 for "normal" diesel or £151.9 for "premium" at the Shell Garage, Newmains.

Note for Brian
==========
If you do use the Shell Filling Station at any time, do not use the pump that runs parallel to the main road, nearest to the exit as it only dispenses "Premium" diesel.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad I am in Spain and "only" paying €1.40 per litre (Shell V-power diesel)
It is heartbreaking though. When I was working in Namibia 8 years ago we were only paying 25 pence per litre for diesel. Just shows you how much the taxman is taking

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yes this is not out in the sticks, but on the outskirts of cardiff centre.a popular main area for commuters

·
Registered
659 Posts
Spantara said:
Glad I am in Spain and "only" paying €1.40 per litre (Shell V-power diesel)
It is heartbreaking though. When I was working in Namibia 8 years ago we were only paying 25 pence per litre for diesel. Just shows you how much the taxman is taking

Hi Stephen,

The way that the Spanish economy is going, you'll soon catch us up

Is the cost of fuel any cheaper in Portugal ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dilligaf said:
Isaac Hunt said:
ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury`s, all £1.37.9 p/litre for Dieselnear to me in the West Mids.

which Tesco Isacc ?
Should be all of them. Went past Tesco filling stations in Stone Cross West Brom,& near Dudley Port yesterday, Diesel at both of them was 137.9p p/litre. Bit of a Supermarket Fuel Price war going on at present. I filled up at Morrisons in Bescot Walsall, also 137.9p p/litre, and both Wednesbury & Bilston are also charging the same. Unleaded was down to 134.9p p/litre.

Edited by: Isaac Hunt

·
Registered
571 Posts
Isaac Hunt said:
Dilligaf said:
Isaac Hunt said:
ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury`s, all £1.37.9 p/litre for Diesel near to me in the West Mids.

which Tesco Isacc ?

Should be all of them. Went past Tesco filling stations in Stone Cross West Brom, & near Dudley Port yesterday, both of them were 137.9p p/litre. Bit of a Supermarket Fuel Price war going on at present. I filled up at Morrisons in Bescot, Walsall, and both Wednesbury & Bilston are also charging the same.

Just being Nosey to see if I've delivered there.
Stone cross is an express store, I've done it once but it's fresh deliveries are done in the morning and I do evenings into night.
Being an express store the fuel should be supplied by Esso, so they control the price not Tesco

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dilligaf said:
Isaac Hunt said:
Dilligaf said:
Isaac Hunt said:

which Tesco Isacc ?
Should be all of them. Went past Tesco filling stations in Stone Cross West Brom,& near Dudley Port yesterday, both of them were 137.9p p/litre. Bit of a Supermarket Fuel Price war going on at present. I filled up at Morrisons in Bescot, Walsall, and both Wednesbury & Bilston are also charging the same.

Stone cross is an express store, I've done it once but it's fresh deliveries are done in the morning and I do evenings into night.
Being an express store the fuel should be supplied by Esso, so they control the price not Tesco
Thats interesting about Esso supplying Tesco Express,I wonder if any of the other "major" Brands, i;eShell,supply any other of the Supermarket Filling Stations ?. I have friends who runa Car Restoration Company in Leicester, (Retro Power), and the cheapest fuelI think I have seen is at 2 x filling stations opposite each other, past Grendon on the A5, as you go towards Hinckley. One of these is Esso, butI cant remember what the other one is.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Isaac Hunt said:
Dilligaf said:
Isaac Hunt said:
Dilligaf said:
Isaac Hunt said:
ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury`s, all £1.37.9 p/litre for Diesel near to me in the West Mids.

which Tesco Isacc ?

Should be all of them. Went past Tesco filling stations in Stone Cross West Brom, & near Dudley Port yesterday, both of them were 137.9p p/litre. Bit of a Supermarket Fuel Price war going on at present. I filled up at Morrisons in Bescot, Walsall, and both Wednesbury & Bilston are also charging the same.

Thats interesting about Esso supplying Tesco Express, I wonder if any of the other "major" Brands, i;e Shell, supply any other of the Supermarket Filling Stations ?. I have friends who run a Car Restoration Company in Leicester, (Retro Power), and the cheapest fuel I think I have seen is at 2 x filling stations opposite each other, past Grendon on the A5, as you go towards Hinckley. One of these is Esso, but I cant remember what the other one is.

The other is Total, the Esso garage is where I fill up regularly or Sainsbury in Tamworth. I actually work in Hinckley, which is where Bronze lives.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The other is Total, the Esso garage is where I fill up regularly or Sainsbury in Tamworth. I actually work in Hinckley, which is where Bronze lives.

Nice one. I`m down that way every 2/3 Months, if I have a ride over to go to Retro Power !!.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts