Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just searching for a driving school for my baby ( who will be 17 in 4weeks time ) it's hard as there are so many of them phoned Red hard to get off the phone sales pitch, then the AA and BSM don't have anybody up our way so how do you find out who the best local driving school is as most are related to this one guy in the village were I stay. Husband say' s you pick. Going to scream soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
Your husbands response would be the same as my response. I have three daughters, all driving now, but when they first passed their test and started driving un-accompanied , this was the first time I was genuinely worried.

All's well in the end though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you pick the driving schools
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Wilma... Don't use the big driving schools as they are the most expensive and normally the least experienced instructors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you find out the pass rates of the driving schools it's been so long since I have looked at anything like this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
wilma08 said:
How did you pick the driving schools




As JR123 said. Local independent. He is my wife's friends dad. Duel controls are a must. some DI don't have duel controls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Independent all the way! They have got a reputation to uphold, and can't hide behind a big corporation. You will get better service, at probably a better Price as all the money goes direct to the instructor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will look tomorrow and google some of them thanks x
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,758 Posts
As the guys say checkout some local driving schools via the internet and lookout when your on the road you will see loads out giving lessons then check their websites for details and prices. Most do block booking of 10 lessons which can save a fair bit.

We have just been through this my daughter just passed her test at the first attempt a couple of weeks ago so Im now going through the hassle of looking for a car and insuring it!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grumps said:
As the guys say checkout some local driving schools via the internet and lookout when your on the road you will see loads out giving lessons then check their websites for details and prices. Most do block booking of 10 lessons which can save a fair bit.

We have just been through this my daughter just passed her test at the first attempt a couple of weeks ago so Im now going through the hassle of looking for a car and insuring it!!!
That made me smile thinking about the next step the car and insurance, how many lessons did she take,what age is she, did you take her on any lessons ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Any of her friends learning yet ? Who are they using ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pinkie15 said:
Any of her friends learning yet ?  Who are they using ?
No Pinki she is one of the older ones but she has no friends up here she was badly bullied in primary school had to swap school then it just continued although she is born and bread here she hates them,that's why she goes to a school eight miles away she is one of the oldest ones in her class, there is one guy up her but he related to nearly every one you could mention (inbreeding lol ) so you can't really have an objective opinion
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,758 Posts
She is now 18 and passed her test a couple a weeks ago. She did a couple of block bookings so she probably had 20 lessons. She didnt have a lesson every week but some weeks she had a double 2 hour lesson.

She did really well passed with only 2 minors.

I have a Corsa we use as a delivery car for my business but I couldnt get her on the insurance so we took out one of those learners policies thats runs along with your excising policy. I think it cost £85 for the month. Im not a great passenger I like to drive but shes okay. One thing thats strange is some of the new techniques and ways of driving they have for teaching pupils. I didnt agree with them all but now she has passed I will try and change some of hers new driver habbits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Grumps said:
She is now 18 and passed her test a couple a weeks ago. She did a couple of block bookings so she probably had 20 lessons. She didnt have a lesson every week but some weeks she had a double 2 hour lesson.

She did really well passed with only 2 minors.

I have a Corsa we use as a delivery car for my business but I couldnt get her on the insurance so we took out one of those learners policies thats runs along with your excising policy. I think it cost £85 for the month. Im not a great passenger I like to drive but shes okay. One thing thats strange is some of the new techniques and ways of driving they have for teaching pupils. I didnt agree with them all but now she has passed I will try and change some of hers new driver habbits.
What are the new techniques apart from letting the learner drivers pull out in front of you and cut you up seen that a few times
she did do well I am also nota good passenger get nervous I like to be in control, why could you no together on your insurance
who are you with
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hubby's looking at the Mokka or that size of SUV for our daughter, when she passes , wish he would look at driving schools
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Blimey a Mokka, lucky girl... I wish my dad had bought me something like that when I passed! I had to put up with an orange Y plate Escort!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My first car was a ford fiesta were the number was at the end and it was a x reg which was in 1983 and a bought it myself, he says he would prefer if she was in something a little bit bigger with an euro MCap rating of 5 were the head chest and abdo are safer, he thinks it has the same chassis of the Corsa not sure though, he's going to check on that my husbands first car was a red Datsun 102 f2 he thinks his mum and dad bought him it.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top