Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 5 months of ownership my Antara is going. After such a long wait for the car to arrive I'm afraid it has just turned out to be a disappointment.

The fuel economy is poor, but not a major factor, I did try to help this by purchasing a race chip from a member of this forum however I then had problems getting that to run, I did ask if anybody on here with one could just take a quick look to confirm the wiring layout, however nobody ever got back to me so the race chip is still sat in its box.

After owning a Seat Exeo which had a DPF I have to say that the system on the Antara is a joke but this has already been discussed to death.

My personal car ( A 163 auto 4x4) has been in and out of the dealers for the past few months and I have just got sick of it and have finally given up and got rid.

The front fog lights didn't work from day 1, before I could get this fixed the on board computer display decided to reset itself every time I turned off the ignition, then the central locking went on strike so I had to use the key! These all got fixed only for the car to decide to start losing power, only for a second or 2, but usually only on the motorway when overtaking! The dealer responded by carrying out a regen? Even though the car had just completed one, this of course didn't fix the problem.

Then came the wind noise from the drivers door, again back to the dealer and again not fixed but told to book in another time for it to go to a body shop.

Then... The central locking went on strike again....

I could go on but you get the idea....

This was my first SUV and my first Vauxhall, I had been really looking forward to using the cars abilities in the winter conditions, however I have now lost all confidence in its reliability, if this is 5 months and 7000 miles, what is to come??

I have enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and I wish you all the best with your Antara's

Ste.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Ste

Sorry to hear that your Antara has let you down. Mind you - so have the dealers !!
There is only so much you can take.
The problem with present day cars is that they are so complex that they need a computer system to run them. If this plays up then anything and everything can be affected. Give me the good old days when you could change the points and distributer cap yourself.

I hope you have better luck with your next car

·
Registered
571 Posts
That sounds like one unlucky car. I too am on my first suv and feel that I would never go back to an ordinary car. Myself and a colleague at work both have Antara's from the same dealer and no complaints, yet another colleague has had two Vauxhalls from same dealer and would never recommend them.
You have been very unlucky on both accounts and I wish you all the best on your new purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here , After having the Antara for 5 months decided it was time for it to go . It spent about 3 months of the 5 in the workshop and Vauxhall still couldn't fix it , They said the ECU had blown but couldn't guarantee a new ECU would fix the problems so they bought it back from me . Loved the car but must have been a lemon . Now the proud owner of a new Grand Vitara and loving it , Would go back to an antara if vauxhall would sort out the problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts