Antara Owners Club banner

Voice Recognition

6K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  stefanvanbael 
#1 ·
Hi there just joined forum as bought my new to me Antara SE Nav 2013 last week - Already loving the car and set about with my mods already. Side steps, All-round mud flaps, New carpet set, Roof bars (lidl) and a like or hate it tuning box, looking at a tow bar next
When reading the owners manual (as some do) and noticed the mobile phone voice activation paras. Now the book describes the button you have to press to activate it, but does not say where it is.. Is this an optional extra? ...... as I cannot find it anywhere. The only way I have found to make a call via voice is by pressing the speaker button on the phone. But this is not how its described on the good book 9Or is and I have just mis-interpreted it)- Now if this is how it is, obviously I (we)have to live with that - I did search the forum but found no answer as yet - may have to send e-mail to Vauxhall if no definitive answer.

Your help would be great.

Regards

David

#3 ·
Hi EKBMD thanks for the quick reply - is that the button above the phone button - if so - I have that, but when depressed it just takes me to the Aux screen or is there another button - which I obviously don't have - or am I using this button wrongly?
Cheers

#4 ·
Don't think you have the function on my car there are 2 buttons on the left side steering wheel audio controls the top button icon looks like a speaker and that's the voice activation for the phone press this when connected via bluetooth and the voice asks for the number, the button bellow this on mine is the function for changing entertainment input mode from CD, Aux, Radio.

#5 ·
Ok many thanks - sounds like the same/similar buttons but with slightly different functions - Mine has what looks like a speaker on top (Changes to aux function) with a telephone button below, this answers/rejects calls - pity would have been a very useful function... just need to press the speaker button on mobile then or askVauxhall if this function and be activated somehow

#6 ·
no idea if they changed it for the version you have but my 2010 SE has 3 buttons on left have side, furthest to the passenger side is the scroll wheel for changing the entertainment system functions and the 2 buttons next to that, the bottom button answers the call and ends it, the 1 above needs to be pressed for 2 secs, you will hear a beep then you speak the name of the person you wish to call, its like a square with a dit in the middle with like a sound wave look on it, hope that helps, if not I prob confused even more lol

#7 ·
Bean010 said:
no idea if they changed it for the version you have but my 2010 SE has 3 buttons on left have side, furthest to the passenger side is the scroll wheel for changing the entertainment system functions and the 2 buttons next to that, the bottom button answers the call and ends it, the 1 above needs to be pressed for 2 secs, you will hear a beep then you speak the name of the person you wish to call, its like a square with a dit in the middle with like a sound wave look on it, hope that helps, if not I prob confused even more lol
Left hand side of the steering wheel that is haha

#12 ·
Ok the button are the same but the top button when pressed changes the screen to aux mode and there is a whining noise ... beginning to think that it may not be compatible with my phone a HTC One -will try another - but on holiday from tomorrow so not sure if time to play this evening...

#14 ·
Hi There,
Having the same problem, phone pairs fine, phonebook etc. Can make calls in car but voice control just gos to AUX on the display. Just been to the dealer, tech had a look at it admitted not knowing much about the system, said he spoke to an "executive" salesperson and said it was a setting on the phone. I have an HTC one, car is 2014 Antara SE NAV. Any help would be appreciated.

#15 ·
Just emailed Vauxhall Customer service regarding my Voice control issue and got the following reply....

"Thank you for your enquiry 24<sup>th</sup>
June 2014, regarding your Vauxhall Antara.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I can confirm that the Touch and
Connect Infotainment System does not support Voice Recognition."
so I phoned them and got the same response! the button is there but does not do as advertised!!

#16 ·
Strange response it works fine on my 63 plate Exclusive with an I Phone 5 when I press the button it asks for a name or number. Works better if you call out the number ,the number is displayed on the info screen for you to check I use it a lot with no problems.

#17 ·
EKBMD said:
Strange response it works fine on my 63 plate Exclusive with an I Phone 5 when I press the button it asks for a name or number. Works better if you call out the number ,the number is displayed on the info screen for you to check I use it a lot with no problems.
I looked at the brochure and it says it has voice control but only when active on phone....I assume its a compatability thing? The dealer did mention something about Siri? & iPhone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.