Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Antara SE with the Infotainment System. Yesterday wired up my Reverse Cam and works a treat!! Fitted headrest MONITORs only and connected to the Video out on the back....yup nothing...screens are fine as tested with a little portable DVD player on AV1 and AV2 inputs and very impressed with the screens...not so much with the fact there seems to be no signal out the back of the infotainment unit!!!! Before I asked Vauxhall to replace under Da War and Tee.....wanted to check the following....
Is there anything in the "menu" or "settings" to turn on Video out?
Is there another wire that needs a "pulse" or similar to turn it on????

Its doing my head in...and so will my TWINs if I can't get it to work...spoke to main stealers and they are clueless....."bring it in and we'll have a look"

The instructions......clearly in CHINGLISH (converted from chianise to english) are no help...don't even mension VIDEO out...also tried video in...just in case it was miss labled...nowt!!!

Many Thanks Antarians!!!

Rossy

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi RO55Y and welcome to the forum.Is your infotainment system the Clarion NX501?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi RO55Y,Sorry can't help, I was not aware that this unit was a Vauxhall fit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe its not that exact model it just looks like that....and being an ex demo....I'd be sure it was factory...in fact it must be as the instructions are VAUXHALL logo'd!!

Feking great....trust me to get an odd ball!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi RO55Y,Not sure where you go next, if dealer cant help and certainly vx will be little better then your best bet is that some one on here has the same unit. I assume that you have checked the wiring diagram and have got the correct video out as I know mine has similar coloured connectors. I do know that the head unit will not display DVDs when the vehicle is moving for legal reasons. Other than that all I can say is good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorted it!!! You have to select "2 Zones" then what you want on the other "zone" i.e. Video, TV etc...then (and this is the bit you easily can miss) hit another on screen button "2 Zones" to turn it on...then you can have Navigation on the front screen while a Video plays on the two rears...

Soon as I susst it out, it worked a treat!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi RO55Y,Congratulations I guess you arethe 'Koolertron' expert now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a reversing camera to the standard touch and connect system fitted in the SE Nav?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.