Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members may be interested in this site:

Vauxhall VIN Decoder

It will tell you when and where your vehicle was made.

Your VIN number can be found on the registration document.
Mine was even on a small sticker on a cover inside the engine compartment.

If it starts W0LL ...... the second character is a zero.

·
Registered
782 Posts
JR123 said:
Says mine is a Adam made in Germany.....,
Adam Opel is the name of the founder of the Opel company, and I think the official company name in Germany is Adam Opel AG.

So it's not saying you have an Adam car, just your car was built by the company called Adam Opel AG.

Not really sure if would actually tell you which country it was built in or just the country where the company has its headquarters.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I just hope thats a legit website and not some unscrupulous person logging all those vin numbers and selling the info on to use on knocked off cars.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I wouldn't have thought there would be too many stolen Antaras around. It's not exactly a high volume car and it certainly isn't one of the normal luxury target makes that thieves usually go after.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Inchindown said:
I wouldn't have thought there would be too many stolen Antaras around. It's not exactly a high volume car and it certainly isn't one of the normal luxury target makes that thieves usually go after.
No but very easy to clone a car for criminal activity these days and it all lands back at your feet. Much the same idea as people posting pictures your their Antara with the number plate on display. Probably nothing will happen but you never know. The people who have had their car cloned probably thought the same.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
KenB said:
If you have concerns regarding my original post and the enclosed link please delete the thread.
No its not a problem everyone can use their own judgement i was only playing devils advocate.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yeh grumps is back
some man bitching ,I will go to sleep happy xxx needed the pick me up cause I am in a lot of pain, thanks man, cannot say it enough have really missed it
Edited by: wilma08

1 - 15 of 15 Posts