Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a cruise control stalk (majority of people saying 10-20 minutes to fit) fitted to my 2014 FWD Antara and also the BC activated to show MGP (another 10 minute job)

Vauxhall want to charge me 1 1/2 hours labour at £90.00 per hour (inc VAT)

Is this extortionate, am I out of touch with today's prices, or are they just taking the p**s ?

Total price including stalk - £195.00 !!!!!

Stalk £50.00 + VAT = £60.00 (£35-£50 on Ebay but not complaining about this)

Labour £75.00 + VAT x 1.5 hours = £135.00

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's about right for Dealership labour rates, even my local Ducati service centre charges £80/h but, that said they do come and collect it in a van, take it away, service it and bring it back all clean and tidy

-LaZ-

Edited by: Lazarus

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi ChrisL,£195 appears to be a lot of money to pay for two small upgrades, but considering that cruise control only appears to be fitted to the AWD models and they are at least 1.7k more expensive than the FWD versions it is not that expensive in real terms.
R
Dave

·
Registered
89 Posts
Reading this post is the cruise control worth fitting, how often does it get used, mulling over the idea of fitting it but not sure, we tow a folding camper and they do say when towing cruise control should not be used. Be gentle
Keith

·
Registered
217 Posts
I use the cruise a lot. I live in Kent and the in-laws are in Wales. I set the cruise at 65mph and sit back. It's good to use it to improve mpg as well. I guess it depends how much motorway driving you do, ita not much use around town!

·
Registered
586 Posts
That is it, it's hard to believe!
Undo screw on underside of steering column
Undo screws at 9 and 3 o'clock on front of column by turning wheel to reveal them
Release column lock/ the lever to adjust position
Remove cover
Remove stalk by unplugging and pulling up
Clip new stalk into place and put all back together!
That's it cruise will now work!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was told it wouldn't void the warranty as genuine part and its only plug and play, but to be honest if ever there was a problem I would just put original back on before taking to dealers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.