Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one help me ive been to dealer with fuel problem im get about 80 miles to half a tank of fuel is that about wright can anyone throw a light on it

·
Registered
78 Posts
cant be right!!!

I have a 2.0 ltr '58 S and average about 480 per £75 pound fill. This is accomplished with driving about 80 miles a day with a 50/50 split of urban and motorway driving (Glossop to Bradford Daily)

this averages about 38 miles to the gallon - including re-gens approx every 500 miles or so

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is my gauge say half and ive been going back and forward to Middleborough80 mile round trip and im putting 30 pound per day init

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi grumps long time no hear how things

has for car is doing my head in 4 regen in one week and all in doing at moment is motorway mile

car be back for recall last week said to dealer my problem antaras do get better after 6000 mile iv eonly don 3800 in not wright I no that so im taking to another dealer Monday see what they say

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mine is a 2.2 auto 4wd and I am getting about 25mpg, not bad considering where I live is all hills.

dealer is just fobbing you off.I would go back and get them to sort it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi murphy 1 you have same as me my one is black auto diamond 4wd 2.2 2013 it show on digital read out 35.7 but im not getting that a all like I say half tank 80 miles in no it should do better than that

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Chris that doesnt sound right at all. Are you doing a fill to brim test. ?I.e...........fill the tank to the brim, do your 80 miles then fill to brim again. Use the same pump each time, as this is a metered source you can use as evidence at the dealers to investigate.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It does sound like a fault to me. I have an SE Nav 184 2.2 and the average MPG since new is over 30.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2.2 163 BHP diesel I use it for work I get anything from 33mpg to 45mpg depending on the weather conditions and whether it's motorway driving. Quite happy with mpg to be honest,

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a 2.2 163BHP 2013 Diamond and average between 27 and 30 mpg since new with virtually no motorway miles and when Ihave been on the motorway I have been either towing the caravan or clearing a DPF regen.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, Mines a 09 reg 2.0 150bhp manual and i have not yet bettered 25 miles to the gallon, and have dropped down to 23 mpg. Not been on a long run yet, mostly local driving (backwards and forwards to work).

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi my antara 2lt diesel auto wasn'nt good on fuel got about 25 to 27 depanding if I drove it i full auto or used the semi auto had it remapped at midlands remapping it made a differance about 6 miles per gallon alot better return and power for towing i get about 200 miles on half a tank of fuel

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Incidentally, the most economical way of driving is by NOT using the cruise control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 57 plate 2.0TD auto Antara and my fuel economy is pretty shocking. Im lucky if i get 300 miles to a full tank. Id say im in the low 20s on mpg. I do mostly urban and 15-20 mile dual carraigeway runs at 65-70mph. I just assumed its a power to weight thing. Can anyone shed any light on it.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
muzz said:
I have a 57 plate 2.0TD auto Antara and my fuel economy is pretty shocking. Im lucky if i get 300 miles to a full tank. Id say im in the low 20s on mpg. I do mostly urban and 15-20 mile dual carraigeway runs at 65-70mph. I just assumed its a power to weight thing. Can anyone shed any light on it.
You should be getting a bit more than that. Can you do a more accurate check by filling up reset the trip counter and then check your mileage at the next fill up. once you know how much fuel you used to fill up you can workout your mpg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, this is my first post. I have a 12 plate 2.0 auto SE and am experiencing the same awful mpg. I'm getting about 20 mpg going back and forth to work ( 8 mile round trip) I get about 32 on a long motorway run. The Eco button has no effect at all, I just can't believe a modern Diesel engine can be this bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Had an unusual experience recently. Car went through a regen as usual but a week later it started to do another one. This started to happen on every trip & would start to regen after a few minutes into the journey on every journey for about 4 days which is also unusual. So I dicided I would fill up & take it for a blast down the motorway. Went to fill up & as expected it started to regen after a few minutes, ( the b c wouldn't reach the 999.9 and the idle tickover was between 0.8 & 0.9). So filled up and set off for the run, then to my surprise, NO regen. It hasn't tried to regen since & I don't expect it to for another 300 miles. If your car is doing something similar it would account for the the high fuel usage. Next time you take it out note the B C . Also are the fans engaging when you switch off? another sign its trying to regenEdited by: Patjo

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anybody with a first gen Antara will have poor fuel consumption and if it's an auto it'll be even worse .My 09 auto does low 20s on the school trip ,30 on the motorway (if I take it steady) and towing 18.6 well that's what the BC said last weekend going near to Whitby.Towing to Somerset in a couple of weeks and will do a brim to brim check so see actual mileage ,but having said that it has plenty going for it and we,re low mileage family 5000 pa and its a nice please to sit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts