Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my antara for a grand total of 3 week, used car on an 11 plate, beautiful looking car but my problem stared after having it 1 week, the dpf came on (flashing) on the way to the garage, I told them once I'd got there and said not a problem you just have to drive it a curtain way to trigger the procees, getting no manual with the car I didn't know this, they did it and it drank a quarter of tank of diesel :( any ways the following week 200 miles later it came on again, so I did the driving thing and it went off again using quarter of a tank of diesel. This weekend has been terrible, a knocking started on Friday I think from the front drivers side??? Makes a bad noise when going over small bumps and worse when going over speed bumps :( then driving home from town it over heated, my hubby opened the bonnet to fine the turbo glowing and one of the pipes close to the turbo not heat protected almost melted :( thennnnnnnn, the alarm when off 4 times last night for no apparent reason??? Phoned the garage this morning and they are coming to pick it up sometime today, to be honest after reading posted on here I don't want the thing back :( I should have kept my Rav 4. It only has 20 thousand miles on the clock :(

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ria761 said:
Hi all,

I've had my antara for a grand total of 3 week, used car on an 11 plate, beautiful looking car but my problem stared after having it 1 week, the dpf came on (flashing) on the way to the garage, I told them once I'd got there and said not a problem you just have to drive it a curtain way to trigger the procees, getting no manual with the car I didn't know this, they did it and it drank a quarter of tank of diesel :( any ways the following week 200 miles later it came on again, so I did the driving thing and it went off again using quarter of a tank of diesel. This weekend has been terrible, a knocking started on Friday I think from the front drivers side??? Makes a bad noise when going over small bumps and worse when going over speed bumps :( then driving home from town it over heated, my hubby opened the bonnet to fine the turbo glowing and one of the pipes close to the turbo not heat protected almost melted :( thennnnnnnn, the alarm when off 4 times last night for no apparent reason??? Phoned the garage this morning and they are coming to pick it up sometime today, to be honest after reading posted on here I don't want the thing back :( I should have kept my Rav 4. It only has 20 thousand miles on the clock :(
Hi, & welcome to the club. If you go to www.vauxhall.co.uk/manuals.html you can download a manual from there. Sorry your having so much trouble with your car.
Edited by: murphy1

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry to hear of your problems. I have suffered the alarm problem in my first few weeks of ownership but the dealerhasnow solved the problem, a bonnet anti tamper sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Griffin,

Bought from a dealer, I've phone them today and they are coming to pick it up tomorrow and leave me a replacement, hope they can fix mine and it's not an on going problem :(

Thank you for the manual advise murphy1 :)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha it's maybe melted after it over heating, shouldn't make jokes as it's not that funny!!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Who's paying for it to get fixed ? Also the pipe thing might be the recal that some of us Antara owners have had

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi it's the rocker cover to air box pipe??? I paid for an extended warranty, so best be them!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Ria761 said:
Hi it's the rocker cover to air box pipe??? I paid for an extended warranty, so best be them!
Thank god for that hope everything goes well for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts