Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have done a bit of research(wheel-size.com) and I found outthat the following trim would fit my antara 2012/2013:
235/55 R18 currrently fitted
235/60 R 17
225/65 R17
which one is cheaper to buy tho?

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, he's actually wright, my 2.2cdti (2012) is fitted with standard 235/65/17.Nico are you thinking of getting winter tyres?
If yes, then the cheapest (and best IMO) option is to get 215/70/16 tyres and get a set of spare rims, so keep the tires fitted on the rims and simply replace them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
TBH the choice for 4x4 all-season tyres is limited, and technically there is no such thing as all season anymore. If you want a summer tyre with M+S marking you can get Michelin:http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-latitude-cross?fromTyreSelector=true&width=235&selectorMode=bySize&ratio=65&radial=17&fromTyreSegment=1#tab-tyres-benefits

or there is some choice of low cost brands.
good luck

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have never had any experience with winter tyres. Do they really make all that difference on a 2wd car in the snow and ice? I was born a sceptic ,but I am rarely disappointed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They make a HUGE difference. You can read and watch videos all you want but you need to feel it for yourself. There is a saying that the worst winter tyre is superior to the best summer tyreon winter and ice, and I find it to be true.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.