Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my front tyres are showing wear on the outside edge, a lot more than the rest of the tyre. Antara has done 16,000 miles, has anyone else had this at this mileage?.I know it is a heavy carbut I have had a few 4x4 and would have expected at least 20,000. I run tyres at 35 psi as I find the eco pressures of 38psi a bit harsher ride, I wonder if the wear is due to the lower pressures, your thoughts?

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think its wheel alignment as ther wear on each side is the same, I would expect it worse on one side if the alighnment had been knocked also ther is no pulling to one side. Car goes in for its service next week so will get them to look at the alighnment anyway before putting new tyres on

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looking to replace front tyres, 16500 miles done and I have 3mm left on the front with feathering on the outside. Tracking is fine so will put it down to running at 35psi. As I am only replacing the front I want to keep the same tyre, Dunlop SP 270. The price difference is shocking, cheapest I can get fitted is Black Circles, £140.00, Vx dealer wants £210.00!!....KwikFit £190. !!. The rest around £175. What I don't understand is when you put your reg no in to check, the recommended tyre is rated at 104v but the tyres fitted are 100H, anybody else got this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.