Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi first post and struggling with how this works but bought a Tara 4 June just took 3month warranty (idiot) transfer box went 5 minutes into our first caravaning holiday took RAC 8 hours to rescue us took it to nearest dealer 10 pm Sunday night not where I bought it from . I got them to give me a quote for repair ,took them till following Tuesday because they are very busy £4600. Got in touch with dealer in Worksop where I bought it all they said was your 8 days out of warranty.I contacted Vauxhall finance because I paid half on finance to see if they could help in anyway and they have sent a complaint , I am waiting ,I will contact them again monday car cost £6000 64K on clock not got £4600 to repair it.
Any thoughts or advice
thanks
bobla

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined and seen your post. You have probably fixed it now but the Transfer Box went a few months ago on my 182 BHP Diesel Antara. Apparently this is fairly common problem. The Transfer Box Case had split and the Front Shaft Bearings were rotating with the Output Shafts. It was a write off.

A second hand box was circa £800 but my independent garages pet gearbox supplier managed to source a brand new one for £1100. Total price approx £1400 fitted for the new one.

Looking at the Transfer Box I'm not surprised they fail, The Box Casing has been made more to fit in a space, not structural integrity, no wonder it broke :cry:.

Chiv

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply,no it’s not fixed yet still waiting to see if Vauxhall finance can help their complaints procedure takes 8 weeks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I am not great with these iPad things but now I am wondering why I am being quoted £4600 to repair might have to contact your garage thanks very much
boba

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi first post and struggling with how this works but bought a Tara 4 June just took 3month warranty (idiot) transfer box went 5 minutes into our first caravaning holiday took RAC 8 hours to rescue us took it to nearest dealer 10 pm Sunday night not where I bought it from . I got them to give me a quote for repair ,took them till following Tuesday because they are very busy £4600. Got in touch with dealer in Worksop where I bought it all they said was your 8 days out of warranty.I contacted Vauxhall finance because I paid half on finance to see if they could help in anyway and they have sent a complaint , I am waiting ,I will contact them again monday car cost £6000 64K on clock not got £4600 to repair it.
Any thoughts or advice
thanks
bobla
Hi eventuality got my car fixed after 5 months vaux finance tried to sort it out for 8weeks and the dealer not replying to emails very last thing vaux finance said to me was dealer requested car be taken to them ,they could have asked for it back in September when it happened I took it to them in January and after a few days they agreed to repair it still took 5 weeks cos they ordered wrong part you need the number off the transfer box to accurately order the right part took them about 3 hours to take the old box out and put the new one in so no massive labour costs . I tried to recover my out of pocket expenses about £2000 but after more costs going to the edge of going to court walkers of worksop would not move and showed no remorse for selling me a car that had not been properly serviced before sale and my experience since with their service dept nothing is going to get done properly so I decided to call an end to it it was all too stressful but I am not happy about what I did hey ho.Finally this is such a catistropic breakdown of the car and happening all the time Vauxhall should be sorting it out for everyone ,still like the car
bobla

1 - 6 of 6 Posts