Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may come as news to some of our newest members or guests who are waiting to take delivery of their Antara but there is a way where you can follow the progress of your car from it being initially allocated a build slot on the production line through to its arrival at your dealers.

The Vauxhall dealerships tend not to mention its existence but it is there and has been widely used by members on our forum.


In order to use the website, you need to obtain a unique eight digit (alpha-numeric) "tracking" number from your dealer. Please note that this tracking number will not appear on any of the paperwork provided by your dealer at the time of order.


The example below provides an idea of what information will be available to you.


https://www.trackmyvauxhall.co.uk/









Edited by: Antarius
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,758 Posts
Thanks for that John some useful info.

If anyone wants to track their order and need any help please ask and we will see what we can do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
thank Antarius for this posting on forum rang dealer to day to ask for tracker code I got it after 3 times of asking a h..e I will never deal with this dealer again have had Vauxhall cars every 3years for 20 years or more and never had so much trouble it like pulling teeth so I got it out of him car was given build slot on 8 April and final quality check on before transport on 12 may so it should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
I posted good luck to anyone who try's as it like the secret servIce and to be confidant in letting them know what you a talking about both with dealers and Vauxhall Customer Services, but the post disappeared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
ho it is going to dentist is easier but still carnt believe how long it takes to get a car now a days ive deal with a Vauxhall dealer in Weston super mare before for all my car and he puts is self out there for you I wish I could go back there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chrispl44 said:
thank Antarius for this posting on forum rang dealer to day to ask for tracker code I got it after 3 times of asking a h..e I will never deal with this dealer again have had Vauxhall cars every 3years for 20 years or more and never had so much trouble it like pulling teeth so I got it out of him car was given build slot on 8 April and final quality check on before transport on 12 may so it should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info

Given the dates that you have provided we might be able to identify the ship that your car is on.



Bear with me and I'll have a look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chrispl44 said:
t should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info

Hi Chris


Can I point out at the outset that there is no way of knowing for sure which ship your car will be on but given the dates that you have, I have narrowed it down to one of two ships.


The vessel carrier "Titania" is due to dock at Bristol on 02/07/13 and the vessel carrier "Torino" is due on 06/07/13, both of which fit in to your delivery date of 12/07/13.


As I type, the Titania is docked at Incheon which is the only port that Antara are loaded from, meanwhile the Torino is presently in the Japan Sea heading for Kunsan which is where the Chevrolet Aveo is manufactured.


It is still possible that the Torino could still head to Incheon to take on a cargo of Antara but I would doubt that your car would be one of them. Sinceyour car went through quality control on 12/05/13 it should be one of the first to be loaded and since the Titania is currently there, that is the ship that I would follow all the way to the UK.














You can follow the ship by going to the following website but beware, it is addictive and you will be checking it several times a day.


http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/


If you require any help tracking the ship, just post a message and I'll help you out.


Regards


John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
chrispl44 said:
thank Antarius for this posting on forum rang dealer to day to ask for tracker code I got it after 3 times of asking a h..e I will never deal with this dealer again have had Vauxhall cars every 3years for 20 years or more and never had so much trouble it like pulling teeth so I got it out of him car was given build slot on 8 April and final quality check on before transport on 12 may so it should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info

Chris - I've just had a quick look at the Titania is due to arrive in Portbury from Incheon on 2nd July which would fit in nicely with a delivery of 12th July.


There are two other ships due into Portbury around that time - Torino on 6th July but I don't believe that it out of Incheon and the Morning Claire on the 13th July again, I don't think that is out of Incheon (and may be a little too late for your delivery date).


So, as always - it's a lot of guesswork and inference but If I were you I'd start tracking the Titania!


Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
JFDM said:
chrispl44 said:
thank Antarius for this posting on forum rang dealer to day to ask for tracker code I got it after 3 times of asking a h..e I will never deal with this dealer again have had Vauxhall cars every 3years for 20 years or more and never had so much trouble it like pulling teeth so I got it out of him car was given build slot on 8 April and final quality check on before transport on 12 may so it should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info

Chris - I've just had a quick look at the Titania is due to arrive in Portbury from Incheon on 2nd July which would fit in nicely with a delivery of 12th July.


There are two other ships due into Portbury around that time - Torino on 6th July but I don't believe that it out of Incheon and the Morning Claire on the 13th July again, I don't think that is out of Incheon (and may be a little too late for your delivery date).


So, as always - it's a lot of guesswork and inference but If I were you I'd start tracking the Titania!


Good luck.

Sorry - Didn't see Antarius post. Wasn't trying to gazump him - just wanted to pass on some info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JFDM said:
Sorry - Didn't see Antarius post. Wasn't trying to gazump him - just wanted to pass on some info.

Hi Joe, I have been "gazumped" before and I'll be gazumped again
, so need to worry.


At least we agree on which ship to track so if the information is wrong, I will at least have someone else to blame
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
thanks guy im just piss of with Vauxhall telling me one thing and then ho sorry it month later holiday still on hold any way thanks guy I was that piss of this morning I nearly cancelled and went over to the dark side (ford kuga) lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chrispl44 said:
thanks guy im just piss of with Vauxhall telling me one thing and then ho sorry it month later holiday still on hold any way thanks guy I was that piss of this morning I nearly cancelled and went over to the dark side (ford kuga) lol

Chris, my last car was a 2WD Ford Kuga and it was my intention to "trade up" to a new AWD Ford Kuga but I wanted the same trim level as I had with my Kuga which was electric leather seats, panoramic sunroof and bi-xenon headlights etc etc.


When the salesman priced it up the cost was coming in at just short of £28k and the trade in offer was less than half of that amount.


Then I compared the Antara against the Kuga and after a short deliberation I decided that the Antara offered better value for money to the tune of nearly £5500.


In short it was a no brainer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I no thanks just waiting another 7 week seam a long time way I no but waiting 17 week for a car to be built and deliverd just seems a long time since my last car was here in 3 weeks and it a Vauxhall
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Antarius said:
chrispl44 said:
t should be with me on 12july hopefully so all I need to do now if find out what ship its on but any way thanks for this info

Hi Chris


Can I point out at the outset that there is no way of knowing for sure which ship your car will be on but given the dates that you have, I have narrowed it down to one of two ships. 


The vessel carrier "Titania" is due to dock at Bristol on 02/07/13 and the vessel carrier "Torino" is due on 06/07/13, both of which fit in to your delivery date of 12/07/13.


As I type, the Titania is docked at Incheon which is the only port that Antara are loaded from, meanwhile the Torino is presently in the Japan Sea heading for Kunsan which is where the Chevrolet Aveo is manufactured.


It is still possible that the Torino could still head to Incheon to take on a cargo of Antara but I would doubt that your car would be one of them. Since<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> your car went through quality control on 12/05/13 it should be one of the first to be loaded and since the Titania is currently there, that is the ship that I would follow all the way to the UK.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">

</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>






You can follow the ship by going to the following website but beware, it is addictive and you will be checking it several times a day.


http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/


If you require any help tracking the ship, just post a message and I'll help you out.


Regards


John
In other words I have nothing better to do with my sad life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dilligaf said:
In other words I have nothing better to do with my sad life.

That really is a shame Andy
here was me thinking that you were leading a full and interesting life



That just goes to show, the written word can be confusing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Antarius said:
Dilligaf said:
In other words I have nothing better to do with my sad life.

That really is a shame Andy 
 here was me thinking that you were leading a full and interesting life 



That just goes to show, the written word can be confusing 
Sorry John it was written in English.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
well guy been tracking my boat that I think my antara is on and the new is that its on a go slow and it should have dock at portbury on 2 july and news today it wont be here till 5 july just my luck
had to mot my old car for first time in year no nails left now lol and extened my insurance today as well not happy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Crisp
If any consolation mine was late to but when you receive it it will be worth it, what model and colour are you getting?
What boat is it onEdited by: wilma08
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top