Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just back from Keswick is Cumbria. Got an average of 28mpg towing my swift Challenger 544 (1435Kg fully loaded). I didn't think that was to bad. This was my first tow with the Antara. Very pleased, very stable.

Edited by: chrisg

·
Registered
1 Posts
We'll done I managed a record 32 mpg towing my Elddis Affinity 540. Found it best to keep just below 2000 rpm and 5th gear. Went to Clumber park and saw 5 other Antara's towing, becoming very popular a tow car, great to see.
Shame we don't see better write ups about the antara as I think they beat the competition hands down on build quality and value for money.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I can get anything from 25 to 35 mpg when towing an Elddis Affinity 482, 60 to 50mph.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what was interesting and I have mentioned this before, when towing with my last car I used to average about 30mpg at a steady 55/60mph. When towing in some really bad weather ,70mph winds I had to drop my speed to 30/40mph and 3rd/4th gear. Expecting this to devastate my mpg I was shocked to find that I averaged over 40mpg !

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
chrisg said:
Hi, just back from Keswick is Cumbria. Got an average of 28mpg towing my swift Challenger 544 (1435Kg fully loaded). I didn't think that was to bad. This was my first tow with the Antara. Very pleased, very stable.

Very smart looking

·
Registered
586 Posts
Snap, mines same spec in placid grey, had it nearly 4 months and love it, wife keeps mentioning getting a caravan, was just checking was the 2wd are like, cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm towing mine van tomorrow, about 140 miles, iv towed probably ten times now and have to say its fantastic as a tow vehicle, really stable, my van is 7 meters and 1500 MPTLM and it pulls without hesitation. Go with the wife.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andrewberry said:
Looks smart, what model is it, 2wd?
I went for the 2wd diamond edition. got a good deal and px,so happy all round.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Back from 3 weeks in Devon,1060 miles total,520 (500 on motorways) towing Swift Challenger 480 (1410 kg plus full boot and back seat) with 2.2 litre 163 bhp and averaged 29.7mpg,well pleased.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been back from Cornwall a few weeks now , and our 4x4 auto managed an average of 21.9 for the round trip of around 900 miles , which isnt bad when i get 25 running around locally, and it does tow 1500k of Dethleffs caravan a treat, much more stable than my old discovery it just lacks a bit of character, cant explain why.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Going to Whitby on Sept 1st via M61, M62, A1(M1) A64,A169 over the moors so will check mpg again then.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Going to Whitby for Goth week end of October,that a169 over the moors can be a bit spooky when there is thick fog and its dark.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
cadds said:
Going to Whitby for Goth week end of October,that a169 over the moors can be a bit spooky when there is thick fog and its dark.
I know someone who would love to go there but when she was at school the holidays did not co -inside then she had her standard grades then her higher's last year, maybe you will see us
or maybe you will hide.

·
Registered
365 Posts
We will be there,staying at High Straggleton Farm,with sea views and a steady walk into Whitby.

·
Registered
390 Posts
A169 can be spooky in fog but its fun in the sun especially with the van on the back.Staying at Swan Farm CL, good pub with good grub right across the road from farm entrance and the old disused railway walk from Robin Hoods Bay to Whitby accessed from site.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts