Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a quality towbar fitted with electrics in preparation as we are about to buy a caravan.I live in Wales,is there anyone on here with advice as to where there are any good dealers (fitters)out there.I have also heard that I may need a 13 pin connection for the electrics.Any advice is welcome as I am really green regarding caravan touring.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Hi Fergie

Hopefully some of the towing guys come from nearer your area can help you on bar fitters. Have you thought about doing it yourself.

It's a pretty straight forward job on the Antara. The wiring is fairly easy the 13pin plug just connects to the wiring harness with a plug. If your needing internal caravan electrics then another wire runs to the battery which is not so easy but not difficult to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Were in Wales are you?I had my Detachable towbar with 13pin elecs fitted by LNB Towbars near Bristol for £375.
I have only towed the caravanlocally at the moment. But will be going to Anglesey with it on the 25th all the way from between Bristol & Bath area.
I will post how the Antara does on here.
It the second time I used LNB Towbars. You can find them on Facebook. They are a great bunch and veryprofessional.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnmeds said:
Were in Wales are you?I had my Detachable towbar with 13pin elecs fitted by LNB Towbars near Bristol for £375.
I have only towed the caravanlocally at the moment. But will be going to Anglesey with it on the 25th all the way from between Bristol & Bath area.
I will post how the Antara does on here.
It the second time I used LNB Towbars. You can find them on Facebook. They are a great bunch and veryprofessional.
Thanks for that,will look these up,sounds good.I`m from Swansea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts