Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I'm on the look-out for an Antara Towbar fitting service. The service needs to be within decent reach of Fife (that's in Scotland for those darn sarf) and of a decent quality.
Our last one was fitted by 'Watsons Caravans' in Lochgelly; although it didn't 'integrate' into the Vauxhall dashboard system it was a reasonablyquick service and all nice and neat until ...

When we first hitched up we put on the left indicator in the car the horsebox's right indicator came on! So I re-wired the Horsebox to correct the fault.
Months later I attacheda brand new trailer to the car; Guess what? Same fault, So I re-wired that plug too!
Last month I bought a caravan wiring plug/socket tester from eBay and put it onto the car - Yeah, you know it, he'd wired the towbar indicators the f****n wrong way around. Unfortunately the nuts are so rusted that I can't change the socket wiring.

So my first jobs after getting a new towbar will be to re-wire both trailers back to how they were before!

Anybody know of a decent and reliable fitting service up here?

-LaZ-

Edited by: Lazarus

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, no not yet. The wife has had the car away and we've not had the chance. I received quotes from both Trufit (Livingston) and Buchans (Edinburgh).

After a chat with an office colleague whom owns a caravan park (and is also a qualified caravan engineer) we shall be going with Buchans, even though they are slightly more expensive. He has had them fit towbars to all of his caravans, farm vehicles and 4x4s with no complaints at all. Their time-slot booking and fitting service is exceptional so I am told; with everything ready to go as you drive into the bay.

When I get around to having one fitted I shall provide suitable feedback within these forum walls...

-LaZ-

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Towbar fitted at Buchans in Edinburgh this morning. It took around 20 minutes, if that! No sooner had I logged on to their free wifi and read 'The Times' online then it was "All done Sir".
It takes longer with a third party electrics kit apparently but, with the VX wiring outfit it's almost plug-and-play. Seems I tidied the boot out for no reason too as they don't require access with the official loom. Chose a chrome bumper protector for an extra £5 just as a bit of bling

One year Warranty on electrics, Lifetime Warranty on towbar (subject to annual check).

Job Done!

-LaZ-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.