Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Thursday afternoon I was travelling across town to do some shopping and then it happened. I was only saying to the wife the other day that the standard of driving here in Moray has got shockingly bad. It was a nice bright sunny day although a little cold outside. I was sat at traffic lights, on red, with two cars in front of me. There was a road to the right of me so I left a gap of about two car lengths between myself and the car in front. I had glanced in my rear mirror, nothing behind me. I then glanced up at the lights and then bang !!! A mighty loud bang came from the back of the Antara, a middle aged women driving a Honda Accord Estate straight in the back of me !!!. Once the initial shock was over I got out and questioned her why? Her excuse? " I didn't see you" . How could you not I asked. Iam driving a large white 4x4 how could you not see me !!!Anyway, damaged to Antara is a large dent in the rear bumper with a couple of puncture holes low down, one is actually on the "skid panel". The bumper has dropped down about 1/2 inch from the body work,so much that the detachable towbar wont go on unless I cut the bumper,the towbar electrical plug and bracket have been bent back. Looking at the damage I think it will be a new bumper, crash bar and tow bar bracket and plug.There is no damage to any paintwork or tailgate. Ironically the Antara was going back in to get the corrosion on the tailgate done again !!
Her Accord has a "v" shape cut into her bonnet, grill broken, bonnet bent up about 2 inches and numerous creases along the length of the bonnet. Considering the speed she was probably doing I expected the Antara to be much worse off but she is one tough cookie !!! Long post but I thought I would share how tough the Antara can be .

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maybe the towbar took some of the impact, hope it hasn't bent the chassis.Glad you are both OK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And yet, some twerp in an insignia practically forced me off the road today. I'd love to name and shame his car reg...... People who drive like that should be made to take the bus.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Typical of the standard of drivers on the road these days. Glad your okay and hopefully your Antara will be good as new soon.

Has your tailgate started rusting again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have been given a camera for my anatara!
It's unbelievable what people do when you have a caravan on the back! So I now know if anyone cuts me up I have them on camera!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea Grumps, tailgate started rusting around the same place. I think the tow bar was the reason there was less damage.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well got the Antara back, new rear bumper, rear crash bar, new towbar electric plug and bracket. No other damage found, boy Ive missed it !!. But I loose it for another 3 days next week when it goes in to get the tailgate done again !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts