Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than use my iPhone to playback music, I thought I would try using a USB memory stick. I transferred the music files from iTunes on to the stick but I can not get the system to recognise the stick. System recognises memory sticks to do sat nav updates and iPhone connected by USB.

Has anyone else done this and can offer any advice? I am thinking that there could be a problem with the file type from iTunes????

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi JR123
All I did was transfer musio to my USB dongle then plugged it in, it plays no problem at all.

I bought a new dongle, as my other ones had data on that I did'nt want to delate it, so maybe you have used an old one????, it may be worth trying a new one,

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - thanks for reply. Yep I bought a brand new stick, which appears to work fine on a pc but not on the system. I have just copied the files straight from iTunes, I don't think they are mp3 format, maybe mpeg4 - could this be the reason???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe you need to format the stick for FAT32 or something like that BEFORE you copy your music........Mine seems to be fine doing it this way!
32Gig stick, Formatted on Mac and has all the music and Videos I need..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi

I tunes files are coded in such a way that they only play on apple devices they are registered to. There is however software that will rip and convert them for you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The files are mpeg4 from cd I have uploaded to my iTunes - the stick plays them fine on a computer but the unit in the car will not recognise the stick or files....

·
Registered
74 Posts
The computer will play them as it has I tunes to decode them your touch and connect doesn't have mp4 or iTunes comparability. You can download a converter or ripper to encode as mp3. It will then work

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can also convert your iTunes versions to mp3 versions right within iTunes !

No need for any separate decoding software !

Open iTunes, go to your music library
and "Right Click" the music you want to convert,
then select "Create MP3 Version"

e.g. :

1 - 8 of 8 Posts