Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read all I could and watched a few you tube vids this is how I replaced my throttle body.I took the view that I wasn’t going to buy a new unit and that I was going to use brute force to remove the angle pipe and the TB.I bought a used body on eBay and polished it up to a mirror finish and looked inside to find it was in very good clean condition.I also bought a used angle pipe to see what it looked like in the flesh and to practice opening and closing the plastic ring etc.Total cost for the parts was £70.So after the prescribed strip down I shoved a long bolster inside the pipe and basically snapped it off the TB (remember I wasn’t giving a monkeys about breaking pipe or TB ).Eventually got TB off ,4 bolts and saw that it was as foul as Shane macgowans teeth.The rubber gasket was removed from Intake manifold and replace with a £9 gasket.Now for the fiddly bit.. you cannot see the entire opening even with a torch but if you take your time you’ll get the gasket on ok.Lining up the replacement TB is a pain in the arse due to limited space and visibility but again deep breaths and patience will get you there.Now the really tricky but….Make sure pipe ring is fully open and push it on to the TB there will be a faint click ,now this grey ring can be seen with a torch it let your eyes get adjusted to the view as it is extremely restricted. I used a stubby blade screwdriver and placed it in one of the serrated notches and pushed it clockwise and managed to get it to move sufficiently to lock.(remember I had practiced this many times in the shed) Handroom is very tight and I have many cuts to prove it.After rebuild and throttle learn procedure car now idles sweetly and the annoying clunk when ignition is switched off has disappeared.Will reset warning light soon and hopefully it will stay out.Hope this report helps someone.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I ended doing exactly the same as you earlier this year, managed the first time to remove the angle pipe and clean the throttle body but that did not work still showing P02E, so I bit the bullet and got a replacement second hand TB and inlet pipe, changed both and re-set the eml and fingers crossed all still good.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear that.Mine is still running well and the annoying shudder on shut down has disappeared eml staying off etc.Worthwhile exercise in my opinion.Just thinking about any type of cleaner that would keep throttle plate from fouling up as I don’t fancy doing all that again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts