Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the car out of the garage this morning and, as I drove off, I noticed a warning message on the screen telling me to be aware of icy roads. The car was showing -0.5 deg C at the time. Bear in mind it was over 20 deg C at the time. 
After about 15 minutes driving, the temperature started to rise and eventually went back to a normal reading.

This is not the first time I've had problems with the thermometer in VX cars. I can remember having to get it replaced on at least 3 previous VX cars.

If it happens again, I'll get the dealer to replace the sensor.

Edited by: Inchindown

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same here, replacement thermostat sensor etc which seemed to help as it was doing it about 3 times a week, then after the change about once every 6 months

2012 model
Edited by: Robed2010

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had the Icy Roads warning twice this weekend, both of them having done a short 6 mile journey to the horses field. Thecar was parked up for about 2 hours and the notice displayed upon starting with a temperature reading of 0.5 C.
As soon asI started to move the car offdown the lane the temperature readoutclimbed rapidly, at about 0.5 degrees per second, and settled at a more reasonable 16 degrees - that's Fife for ya!

It's not a problem as long as it resolves itself but, I shall keep an eye on it.

-LaZ-

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That happened to me on Friday why is it happening

·
Registered
220 Posts
This has happened to me here in Spain when the ambient tempreture has been in the thirties. I could not believe that the warning for snow could be true. So Vauxhaul / Opel, what is the reason for this?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The thermometer thing happened to me again today that's the fourth time, although it was raining a wee bit the temperature was 17Any ideas

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
antara184 said:
Does it matter? You must know whether it is cold or not? Anyhow, it seems they really do "all do that mate"
I am not your mate I find that offensive
As for the tempter thing na I am not really bothered I was just asking

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.