Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon.
I thought i would share this with you. I am thinking of getting my Antara Terracleaned. This new way of cleaning the engine is supposed to get you better MPG (antaras are thursty so might be better) but can also help with the DPF which we talk about on this forum lots.

Has any of you done this cleaning?? i am very tempted as i follow them on facebook and i have not seen any negative responses in fact some people have seen some great improvements to the engine noise and also the MPG increasing. At the minute i get avarage 33mpg, wonder if this would be better if i got my engine cleaned?

decisions decisions???

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not convinced at all . How old is your car if it's only a few years old I can't see how it would make a difference . Save your money for something more worthwhile !

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My local independent garage always pushes this type of internal clean, I'm not convinced that there is a massive benefit from this. Certainly wont pay for its self, although wont do any harmYou pays your money and takes your choice, as they say.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I have read up on this. Checked out half a dozen forums and reviews and personally I wouldn't bother; more negative than positive including a poor Jaguar owner who has injector failure after having his X-Type done costing him £1200!! Several people said they didn't notice any difference after.

Positive reviews were scarce; one guy had an old Cav turbo and it got it through the MOT but hardly driven the car since...

Up to you I guess...if you do get it done make sure you report back to us!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had one done on my Cherokee, didn't see much difference except emission figures dropped dramatically

1 - 6 of 6 Posts