Antara Owners Club banner

still no Antara due to problem :-(

8K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  2Dogs 
#1 ·
Hi,
I rang the garage to arrange the picking up of my Amtara (58), he said they have a slight problem with the central locking, it locks/unlocks with the key in the lock but NOT with the key remote.

He said he's have the key checked and the key is sending a signal but the car isnt responding.

has any else had this issue.???

thanks

steve

#11 ·
I think you put the key in the ignition to the quarter turn then press the close button first then the open within 5/10 seconds , it happened to me with a pergeuot807 that I had but vauxhall should have the code to reprogram either for you or order new keys then reprogrammed the new one
Good luck
Wilma

#12 ·
Unfortunately because the Antara is fairly new not many people have had to get their hands dirty trying to fix their Antara yet and its been left for the dealer to fix.

The garage that is selling it to you could try and contact an auto electrician or a garage that has the proper diagnostic equipment to workout if its the keys or the unit.

I presume both keys don't work?.

To be honest it looks like a fairly complicated process just to program the keys. Check out this you tube video.

http://youtu.be/aRmS5qmmty0

#13 ·
When it. Happened to me it took them ages at the garage but they done it, they have a code then they plug it in to the computer thing but at the beginning it just refused to acknowledge the code and the new keys the garage eventually had to get in touch with head quarters

And good evening to you grumps

#14 ·
I had a spare one done at my local key cutting place. I guess the same as everyone on here my Antara only come with one remote key but as my wife and I both drive it I wanted two remote keys.
VX wanted some stupied amount (can't remember how much) but was walking down the high street and there was a sign outside the shop and they cut me a key and programed it (after a visit to the car) for £14.95

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.