Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My 09 reg Antara has developed a steering judder when turning right on the last half a turn. Gotten progressively worse over the last few months, Anyone have ideas putting down to a steering rack fault myself but not 100%

HELP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All checked its very odd feeling even when not moving and steering turned it happens

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
AntaraMatt said:
Tyre pressures/condition and tracking would be the place I would start to investigate.
Try checking the balance as well. Start with the basics first.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I have noticed a slight vibration on turning right when the car is cold. I think its getting worse and would probably end up happening all the time. I have also noticed a very slight vibration when you turn the steering from lock to lock when sitting stationary.

It is something I was going to get checked out at the next service but since its going next weekend it wont be my problem but Im pretty sure its a power steering hydraulic issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grumps it sounds like the same issue however it just feels more mechanical than a hydraulic issue to be honest

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree with the posts about tyre pressures, wear, balance, alignment etc. Worth taking it to get those things checked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts