Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else heard of this, I took my car in for some checks on electrics as alarm kept going off, hrw started working when it felt like it and blower would not clear front screen after 15mins so off to main dealers.As expected phoned up no faults found but they need to do the recall work, I said what recall.
It appears there is a recall for the starter motor nuts to be checked and mine need changing but they dont keep the nuts in stock lol.
Told they would be in this morning 9am phone goes cant get your nuts until tuesday morning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My 62 reg was in for its second service on 23rd October when I was told about the starter motor recall. They did not have the parts in stock and I was away last week so it was booked in for Tuesday 5th Nov. No sooner was I settled down with a free coffee to watch the TV than I was called forward to be told that the bolts had arrived but the gasket had not. The gasket is "for a pipe that has to be moved to gain access". I was told that they have 16 gaskets on back order - pity they could not have told me before I got up early and drove 12 miles for a 8.00am "waiting" appointment. If you are affected by this I would advise a phone call to check that they have the gasket before you set out. I await a call to tell me when they get the gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.