Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first service today covering 20,000 miles within 11 months. I spoke to the techie and he said that the starter motor had been "done" under warranty. I asked what they had done.On the 2wd models with stop start; the issue is with a nut coming loose ,so they fit a locking type nut.
On the 4x4 models; They are fitting a different positive battery cable. (Not sure what the issue was)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for the info,i havnt had a letter as yet for my 2013 Antara but service is due March so maybe they will check it then.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is an interesting post
On the Captiva forum, whether UK, USA or Australia, its the cable insulation to the starter motor that is the root cause on 2wd or 4wd, as the cables where not shrink wrapped at build in Korea on all Chevrolet Captiva, Holden Captiva 5 ( Same as Antara ) and Holden Captiva 7 . This further is causing premature wear to the starter motors, which eventually fail.

The cables to the starter motors were loosely sheathed insulation, got wet and the rest is history.

Edited by: Scouse-Mafia

·
Registered
422 Posts
Done on mine last monday, recall number 14-r-037

·
Registered
15 Posts
There appear to be a number of threads concerning the starter motor cable, the most concerning one I have seen is "up in flames".My trouble has just started:http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/starter-motor-cable_topic2893.html
And I am getting increasingly worried about Vauxhall and Antara as a whole, especially after seeing the Watchdog programme on BBC1 about the Corsas catching fire. The subsequent press release from Vauxhall appeared to shed responsibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts