Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have noticed something odd with the start / stop. Sometimes it kicks in and switches off the engine only to restart it a fraction of a second later with no rhyme nor reason. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not had this but the start stop works with a number of sensors, outside temp, water temp, battery charge etc, chances are it senses a need for the engine to be running and cuts short you efforts to save fuel (and the world if you believe starting an engine every few hundred yards is going to make a difference
)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think I've solved it...for some reason it restarts the engine of you open the car door...go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I had a fiat punto and the start stop did the same it would stop and then restart.

Other members have reported the same issue but most settle down once the car has run in a bit more. For the first few thousand miles expect irattic regens and stop start . Personally I always switched it off.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My stop start hasn't worked for over a year....no other issues so not bothered as I cant see any advantage over it. In fact it probably puts more strain on the battery and starter motor.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The restart when opening the door is normal, a fail safe to stop anybody leaving the keys in the car with engine start / stop activated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Makes sense. On the Regen front - most of our miles are motorway and the car has covered just over 700 miles and no regen yet.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
stephenpm said:
Makes sense. On the Regen front - most of our miles are motorway and the car has covered just over 700 miles and no regen yet.
It has you just didn't notice it if your doing motorway driving.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
stephenpm said:
Think I've solved it...for some reason it restarts the engine of you open the car door...go figure.
Yes, my Antara does that,my wife's face was a picture thefirst time it did it

I think she thought that she was going to go on a drive whilst in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Grumps said:
stephenpm said:
It has you just didn't notice it if your doing motorway driving.
So...how do you tell?

·
Registered
586 Posts
There's a few signs, mpg and range will drop dramatically, if your driving along take your foot off accelerator instant mpg should read 999.9, if your doing REGEN will read about 140 tops, on tick over rather ran 0.1 gal per hr it will be 0.6/7, and if you drive a manual the gear change becomes less smooth, not the feeling of gear stick in hand, the way the car reacts when you release the clutch!! Hope this helpsEdited by: Andrewberry

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After posting this the stop / start appears to have stopped working! lol Go figure - will see if it starts again at some point and if not will contact the dealer - not that it makes a huge difference, so might wait until its first service or something.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hi allfirst of all the start/stop will automatically start when the battery voltage drops to a certain voltage, secondly it wont work when a regen is active , hope this helps
regards
andrew

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mine stops working when the dreaded regen is due.Think it also depends on what you have got switched on (air con etc).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts