Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regular stalling with 2013 (well 2012) Anatara 2.2, 163 - manual. Does anyone have the same problem my wife, my engineer friend, several others and I have (probably over 200 years worth of driving experience and this is the only time everyone felt the same) and that is it does seem to stall quite a lot and its almost like the transmission will not let go and you "feel" the engine struggling when down shifting, mostly in ECO mod. There is something in the Vauxhall forum site - http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/software-update.361180/ ANY one else and did you get a fix ?

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I did stall my Antara quite a few times when i picked it up but soon got the hang of it.

One thing that does take a bit of getting used to is making sure you match your gear to your speed. dont try and change up too quickly or forget to change down at a junction and then try and pull away or it will stall very violently!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I found exactly the same issue widen I first bought mine. Moving from a very forgiving petrol BMW to the antara did take some getting used to. Diesel engines have far more torque so pulling heavy loads at low revs is far better however the reverse of this is if you get the revs or gear selection too low you will almost certainly notice the stalling and stuttering. You will get used to it tho.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I found that I had the same problem when I first got mine, especially in eco mode because if you allow the revs to drop below 500 when pulling away the engine will cut out, as the auto stop/start will kick in, although you then only have to press the clutch and the engine will re-start?

I found it very annoying, so I always disable the eco mode.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Just make sure you change down at junctions don't try and pull away in 3rd or it will stall very easily.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Antara is high geared. 70mph in top is only 2,000 rpm. You have to use the gearbox quiet a lot. I agree with Dog-handler about the stop-start. On my second or third trip, I needed to do a multi-point turn and the engine cut out. I turned the key and nowt happened. What a panic! Then I saw the Autostop position on the rpm meter. I had unwittingly stopped the engine. I disable the ECO button every time now. Does the ECO button do anything else butturn onthe stop-start mode?

·
Registered
74 Posts
vexorg said:
My little 1.8 A3 petrol car (non-petrol) has more low down torque, I quite often sit in 5th round town as it's happy down to 25mph and will still pull away without any fuss.

Why's the antara so bad? is the flywheel too light? The clutch seems quite fierce too.
Your a3 power to weight ratio is better. The antara is a little on the plump side

1 - 11 of 11 Posts