Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone,

I'm now the proud owner of a 62 SE NAV.
Just one thing, has anyone purchased a spare wheel for this model? There is a post on 17" rims, but that's obviously not suitable for my beastie 19" ones!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a 17 steel for my se nav with 19s and have driven about 20 miles with it on the front and back. It drives as normal with no warning lights. It is slightly smaller in diameter but I just put a slightly higher pressure in it. You can get a space saver but if you are going to tow with the car I would use the 17 steel. The other thing is the 19s are a uncommon tyre size so you might not be able to get one fitted the same day or at the weekend so the 17 is a better option than the space saver. You will have fun getting the 19 in the boot it does fit but very heavy.
Also the wheel nuts will fit the steel ok.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Stevan,Yes correct the 19" wheel is too wide to allow the boot floor to close unless it is modified like mine, although some on here state that it will fit. Later models also have a different plastic insert under the floor.
Dave

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you have the 19's then you should have the inflator which will get you to the garage or you call the RAC etc. Besides, you ain't got no jack neither.

The spare takes up an awful lot of boot space, I use that.
In the last 20-30 years, I think I've used a spare twice.
Why do you want to carry a spare?

The 19's are 235/50R19 99V which no one holds in stock but can get within 24h
I've just checked the current spec with Vx because I need new tyres, my 184 Auto 4x4 has been revised up from H to V requirement apparently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.