Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a weekend away driving without the caravan, what a fab car this is. We were late for the ferry home due to very heavy traffic and jams, so needed fast run to make up time. The Antara responded with speeds well over the ton and so smooth and quite, made the ferry with five minutes to spare!!! We love this car Fab U Louse.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most Guernsey drivers, my wife's family, get frightened going over 40mph. It's easy to hit the loud pedal but you need to anticipate so very, very much further ahead. It's so very easy to go visiting the scenery.

I watched a Porche overtake my TR7 once, and watched it go sailing tail-first into a field off the bend I was braking for. No one was hurt, that time. There's a good name for that sort of driver but I can't repeat it here. Contrary to nanny's opinion it is possible to drive fast and safely but it takes learning and practice and common sense.

Remember, if you have to hit the brakes hard at high speed, you are not going to stop any time soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not Guernsey born and have driven in the UK and all over Europe for many years in many different vehicles so have a vast experience of driving at all speeds, and yes I agree with you, braking at those speeds does require extra time to stop. However my point was that our Antara is a terrific car and I am very very pleased with it. so far I have covered 7000 miles in it since new in March this year.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I stop looking down at the clock on my Ducati when itmoves past150 ...

-LaZ-

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Laz,One would assume that is 1-50pm and that you are out for a lunchtime ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts