Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have a 2013 2.2 se nav 4x4 problem I’ve got is occasionally pulling up at junctions I notice smoke or steam coming from front drivers side under bonnet,cannot seem to find what it is or where it’s coming from,it’s not over heating & it’s was only a 10-15 min journey,had the car now couple of months & ive noticed it happen 4-5 times.anybody had this or similar happen & could possibly give me any pointers.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for reply
Both these are fine it seems to be coming from deep down front of engine on drivers side,just as thought anyone had this happen if a regen has been done or needs to be done?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Mate

Put some cardboard under the car to see if it catches any drips, need to identify if Oil / Water, possible problems could be Water pump / Timing cover oil leak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
No noticeable leaks/drips from anywhere,there is a big plastic undertray tho not sure if anythings on top of that,that’s my next check.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Keep an eye on all your fluid levels. Its probably gradually going to get worse and that should hopefully help you find the problem. It takes a short while for the coolant to get upto temperature and the system to pressurise, its likely that once pressurised that could be when its leaking, best try and have a look at this time with a torch to see where it is leaking from.
Richy

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine started like that turned out to be the main radiator collapsing common fault, if it is be prepared for a big bill could only get a rad from Vauxhall at the time as non in the country cost me £550.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, mine has suffered a similar problem today. Did you ever get to the bottom of what the cause was?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts