Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that my 63reg se is very slow to warm up in this cold weather resulting in de misting and de icing the windscreen takes far too long. I had a 09 reg Antara before this one and the heater worked much better. Is this normal with these newer models or is there a problem with mine. If it had been a car from a few years ago i would be looking at changing the thermostat.

Cheers from billy2go

·
Registered
213 Posts
We have had a 63 plate and now a 64 plate SE Nav, both of which take a while to warm up/de-mist. The air flow across the windscreen is not the best and will almost always require the use of the Aircon button in support of the regular vent system. In freezing conditions you will still have to scrape or spray the outside of the windscreen unless you want to spend half an hour with the engine running before you move off ;)
When the wife leaves for the horses at 5am, the car seems to take about 3 milesuntil the air temperature inside the car matches what is set on the dials, then the car becomes like a greenhouse in minutes few!

-LaZ-

Edited by: Lazarus

·
Registered
405 Posts
My Antara is slow to warm up and demist, my wife's Yaris is slow to warm up and demist, my MX5 takes forever to warm up especially with the roof down. I think it might have something to do with the time of year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.