Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It is summer time (and no where near freezing) yet my new Antara sometimes shows the message "Slippery Road" and an outside temperature of -0.5c degrees. The outside temperature is 20c degrees.

After driving the car a little while, the temperature becomes correct on the display.

Could this be a fault with the air conditioning gas leaking or is it a problem with the temp sensor?

Thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
Several people have reported similar odd temperatures when the car is first started. As you have experienced, it seems to sort itself out quite quickly.
It probably doesn't need to have anything done about it, unless it is happening all the time or starts showing the wrong temperature all the time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine has been replaced twice under warranty. You get in and its freezing outside but its showing a balmy 2o degrees and vice versa when its hot. But after 5 mins it does start to show the coreect temperature. But my Insignia never had this problem and will be going back again as the 3rd sensor is playing up yet again.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
happened to me several times, but always corrected itself in a few minutes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine is exactly the same. The only potential issue I can think of is with the start / stop technology? In other cars (e.g. my dad's Focus) they use the outside temperature to decide whether to put the vehicle into auto-stop. Is the Antara the same?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine is the automatic and I find this problem niggly. Every other car we have the reading is always spot on fro starting up with no fluctuations.

·
Registered
472 Posts
First time I saw the warning I thought GREAT see how the 4 wheel drive works, afew yards down the road the warning went off temperature read 17 degrees c. I thought oh well the sun must have melted all the ice.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The first time I got the "Slippery Road" message was in northern Spain and the temperature sign on the chemist shop outside which I was parked said 29 C. Itoccasionally appearsat odd times but always sorts its self PDQ. Having said that it has been on a lot this last few weeks, but then Cheshire is not Spain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts