Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made up with our new Sumit white Antara. Best ever auto box i have ever driven...Ever!Disappointed that we have no silverSkid Plates on front or rear? How come?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought all the AWD models came with silver plates?

Mine is the FWD version and i have no silver plates or "on board computer function"

Not really bothered about the BC button, (dont want to spend all my time watching the mpg), but i would like to replace the plates with silver ones if available.

After washing the "mighty antara" today i noticed that these plates are fitted to the bumper, rather than part of it.

So, i need to start trawling to find some.

Ray - did you ask your suppling dealer about the plates?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thanks for letting me know. Think ill phone them and just ask. If you find any let me know were you got them!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Another option may be, remove the black ones spray or get them sprayed silver then refit. Or do they not have anything to remove?Edited by: HoneyMonster

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LoL yes have the primer and top coat already! Just wating fr a bit of warm weather.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Put them on a rad in the house to warm up take them outside to paint then put them in warm to dry.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Did you ever paint your skid plates, have they lasted, I asked a local small bodyshop, he said it couldn't be done as it would flake and peel off??

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You sure can. Mine have been painted two years now. Just make sure you use a light sanding of the surface. Prime then top coat. No problems. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi I am looking at replacing my plain skids for front and rear silver. Are they easy to remove and refit. My dealer was not 100% sure. Don't want to damage new car or end up with a wobbly bumper. Cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm still contemplating painting plates, just unsure on colour? Any ideas where to get paint or a paint code? Cheers

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I am only going to say one thing and that is you men are completely MAD / BONKERS

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well they're off and waiting to be primed, just wondering did you laquer them or just top coat?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi was it much hassle to get the plates off? Did you have to dismantle the bumper or did each plate clip off? Good luck with the painting.what year is your Antara?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.