Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was looking to get a side steps for 2012 antara and faced a problem...
JSG are cheap but they look identical to J&J (370992407894 ebay product number) and you get free wind deflectors or boot mat. I wondered are they any good quality, anyone have/had them??

Thanks
//QuZee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I have the JSG ones they seem better than the J&J ones as the JSG attach to 3 points under the car were as the J&J seem to only attach at 2.



Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks amazing, how much did you pay for them?
Seen pic of your antara a while ago and alloys look stunning, also you got the calipers painted
Was gonna do the same as it looks amazing but still want 20 inch alloys on it, so just waiting for tyres to wear out and going to order set of 20's and tyres as a pack (500 pound discount on rimstyle)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
davey3389 said:
I have the JSG ones they seem better than the J&J ones as the JSG attach to 3 points under the car were as the J&J seem to only attach at 2.



Ben
Looks great! My daughter is complaining it's too much of a climb to get in haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was told today that J&J have 3 fixing points + they give away wind deflectors for free with side step, still cant decide which one to go for..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I've fitted my jsg's tonight and they look great, bolts kept snapping which was a big problem, but otherwise fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Just fitted the JSG side steps on my 63 reg , went on with no problemthe instructions state thatyou may have to file and cut the bracket for the models with the electric handbrake but I found that this will only happen if you put them on the wrong side.. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
By just taking a bit longer to shuffle the brackets around from side to side there is no requirement to cut or file them... A very good fit took about2 hours todo and well worth the effort finishes off the appearance of the carboughtthem more to stop car park dinks,they look to be very solid when fitted properly.


For anyone buying them don't cut or file the rear brackettry them on both sides first, it worked for me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
EKBMD said:
Just fitted the JSG side steps on my 63 reg , went on with no problemthe instructions state thatyou may have to file and cut the bracket for the models with the electric handbrake but I found that this will only happen if you put them on the wrong side..
By just taking a bit longer to shuffle the brackets around from side to side there is no requirement to cut or file them... A very good fit took about2 hours todo and well worth the effort finishes off the appearance of the carboughtthem more to stop car park dinks,they look to be very solid when fitted properly.


For anyone buying them don't cut or file the rear brackettry them on both sides first, it worked for me...
I don't suppose you can show a pic of the fittings under? I'm thinking of getting some and if it looks simple enough will get them sooner rather than later, im terrible a written instructions, i prefer something visual lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
I fitted the JSG sidesteps no problems with no alterations.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,758 Posts
Bean010 said:
EKBMD said:
Just fitted the JSG side steps on my 63 reg , went on with no problemthe instructions state thatyou may have to file and cut the bracket for the models with the electric handbrake but I found that this will only happen if you put them on the wrong side..
By just taking a bit longer to shuffle the brackets around from side to side there is no requirement to cut or file them... A very good fit took about2 hours todo and well worth the effort finishes off the appearance of the carboughtthem more to stop car park dinks,they look to be very solid when fitted properly.


For anyone buying them don't cut or file the rear brackettry them on both sides first, it worked for me...
I don't suppose you can show a pic of the fittings under? I'm thinking of getting some and if it looks simple enough will get them sooner rather than later, im terrible a written instructions, i prefer something visual lol
Why have the budget JSG steps when you can have these


http://www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/irmscher-antara-side-steps-for-sale_topic1215.html#13391
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
HiJust a word to the wise, have ordered two sets of side steps from JSG, neither set would fit the 2013 model with face lift. The second set was damaged, and to be honest the side steps are of cheap quality. I have not been able to contact the owner of JSG to get my money back, am now going for the genuine Vauxhall item, wish I had not wasted my time or money on this rubbish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
....so to revive an old thread...JSG didnt seem to fare so well in Bodders review....?

They are still selling a set at £170
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261728181003?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Or how about these ones?


at £139
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171772503592?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT


I was looking at these too, but out of stock?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161300633553?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT




Edited by: edgejedi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
I have the jsg steps, there pretty good, had them since last feb, no problems, sturdy I think you need 3 brackets!! Had to cut out rear bracket pass side due to electric handbrake but have been told on here that if you swap brackets to other side they fit with out cutting, either way no problems comes with template/diagram anyway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
OK Ive taken the plunge and thought Id order the bars fromautogoodsoutlet. Each of the other ads seem to slate each other ; better quality, thicker metal, dont buy other cheap copies, etc so it will be interesting if they are the same bars all round anyway (probably - from the pics the Antara bars just seem like generic bars which probably fit other cars anyway, they just list them for sales purposes as Antara....?).

I'll let you know when they arrive.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top