Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a quick question. Would you use showroom shine polish on a brand new car? This is the cleaner where you do not use water.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not sure, but what I do know is that I'd never use the interior cleaner they use - as soon as any water gets on it e.g. from an open door it runs everywhere and leaves your dash / doors all streaky. Not good.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I wouldnt. All these protections sold by dealers for new cars and so called one coat does all and you never have to polish again are rubbish. Better to polish and wax a couple of times a year with a quality wax.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use showroom shine . I have used it on new cars including the Antara and my new van. I find it great stuff but always wash the car first if it has mud on it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Showroom Shine was great when we had a hosepipe ban! It's no substitute for a proper wash though in my opinion.
Whatever you do don't use it on your windscreen!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks for all your opinions and advice. I have used showroom shine before but this is my first 'brand new car' so I had concerns. Decision not made but, but leaning towards in depth car clean 3 times a year. Doing it proper with water etc. lol.
Once again thanks for your input.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you have a good shampoo, for example Maguires Gold Class, you will need little other maintenance. Maybe polish once a year with a top up of wax 2 or 3 times a year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The only time I will even think about getting back to a "showroom shine" will be when I want to sell it. Until then, its the local IMO car wash for me maybe 5 times a year. Next wash due in the spring when they stop putting salt on the roads!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've used showroom shine (greased lightning) for around eight years. I still wash mycar with shampoo although in summer i would give a quick polish without washing. Always had comments on the shine of my cars. Great stuff

·
Registered
121 Posts
The showroom shine does look good. Curious about comment on not using on windscreens...what's the issue there?

·
Registered
121 Posts
AntaraMatt said:
They specifically advise that you don't use it on the windscreen, might be something to do with glare etc?
Hmm, I saw a demo video at a retailer of it at the weekend (hence my interest) and it said that it could be used on all surfaces including the glass. Weird!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes you can use it on glass but not the windscreen as it would cause smears and streaks when you use the wipers ⚠

·
Registered
12 Posts
great stuff showroom shine . ive used it on all my cars from a skyline to the antara gets the road tar off and bugs . but as said wash your car first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts