Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the servicing costs are for the Antara, i.e 1st/2nd and 3rd services?

The only reason I ask is that I was contacted by the dealership tonight and offered a service plan and was some what shocked by the price quoted? Some £300 odd for a first service, which I thought was quiet expensive and near £360 odd for the other two?

I have copied the price and services offered to me, which includes a 10% discount. Your comments are most welcome,

No extra discount for White Antara owners

Plan Breakdown for 3 services:
Customer deposit (if applicable): £0.00
-----------------------------------------
Instalment Details:
First monthly payment: £30.96
Followed by 32 monthly payments: £30.68
Total payable : £1012.72
0% APR
-----------------------------------------

Includes 1st mot at half price, quote with 10%

Each Personal Service Plan also includes the following benefits:
· Interest free monthly direct debit payments
· Inflation proof - we freeze the prices for the duration of the plan
· 10% Discount on accessories
· Free puncture repair including valve & balance
· 10% Discount on mechanical repairs, brake pads, tyres and labour
· Half price MOT
· Free wash & vac on every service
· Free visual safety check & report
· Priority bookings
· Collection & delivery service
· Courtesy cars

The Personal Service Plan is not a contract and can be cancelled at any time

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I would call them and ask what they charge without saying you are one of there customers.

Dealer prices can vary slightly I paid £220 for my first service the normal price should be £260 and was quoted £300 but the usual price is normally £350.

Personally I wouldn't bother. Pays to shop around.

One thing to be aware of you still need to take your Antara to a Vauxhall dealer every year to have the life time warranty extended for another year.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Dog man rip off
Captiva is the same as Antara the Captiva had it first service two weeks ago it ranged from £190.00 to £350.00 all Chevrolet dealerships Peter Vardy Arnold Clark Belmont ,We went with Belmont and there service was excellent they serviced the car within 2 half hours of us. Waiting for £190
Say no more

·
Registered
220 Posts
Doghandler said:
I am no lawyer but I don't think so. If you pay for a service and the provider takes your money then you have a contract. Stay clear of this scumbag!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Spantara said:
Doghandler said:

I am no lawyer but I don't think so. If you pay for a service and the provider takes your money then you have a contract. Stay clear of this scumbag!
I have a plan with Bristol Street for everything you mention and it is costing me £24.50 ish a month over 32 months I think.

They can offer up to 24% off the price of the service but remember they can set their own labour rates etc. the dealer I bought the car from wanted £37.50 a month over 36 months - no chance!!

The plan can be cancelled at any time and is just like a savings scheme, however, they do charge an admin of £10 to cancel or move to a different vehicle. If I can get a cheaper price when I need the service I will just cancel the plan and take the hit of loosing £10.

Interestingly Chevy do a 3 year plan for £500 so why Vauxhall quote these hideous rates is beyond me for what is effectively the same car!Edited by: JR123

·
Registered
324 Posts
IMO, you'd just be better off putting £20 a month to one side if the servicing costs were a concern. This way you would have no commitment to anyone & no hassle either. Just shop around atservicetime.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
â™ ChumBucketâ™  said:
IMO, you'd just be better off putting £20 a month to one side if the servicing costs were a concern. This way you would have no commitment to anyone & no hassle either. Just shop around atservicetime.
Verysensible you could open up a weeseparate bank accountfor this, and the money would be there for when you need it, an extra thought would be to put a extra couple quid in for tyres as well. worth a thought.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A quick update, I decided to contact a few VX Dealerships about their servicing costs and was amazed at the price difference between each garage;

For a 1st and 2nd service I was quoted £169/£255, £249/£509 and £180/£245

So I've come to the conclusion, no service agreement and shop around nearer the time?

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Doghandler said:
A quick update, I decided to contact a few VX Dealerships about their servicing costs and was amazed at the price difference between each garage;

For a 1st and 2nd service I was quoted £169/£255, £249/£509 and £180/£245

So I've come to the conclusion, no service agreement and shop around nearer the time?
Yip Well done that's what I did and it paid off. The dealers try to scare everyone into service plan by giving everyone over inflated prices. They get your cash upfront and you end up having to use that dealer.

I prefer to pick and choose so if I get bad service from a dealer I go somewhere else.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got my Antara on Motability Contract Hire. So Servicing is all in.It is worth looking at contract hire if you want to save money on a "Brand New" though.
I know it not yours at the end, but the hassleisn't either.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
johnmeds said:
I got my Antara on Motability Contract Hire. So Servicing is all in.It is worth looking at contract hire if you want to save money on a "Brand New" though.
I know it not yours at the end, but the hassleisn't either.
I think motability is a great idea,I looked it up and insurance, tax, service,breakdown and tyres are all included, and it helps people to get out and about which is brilliant, but people who get this help are still paying for the car they pick over the threeyears, what helps is thebig discunt to motability gets from the dealers,good on them in helping people that otherwise might not be able to get the transport they need.

Edited by: wilma08

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's so so simple to do it yourself. The oil and diesel filter and air filter are looking at you when you lift the bonnet. It's will cost no more than £60 for parts. I can do a service in 20 mins on antara. I have a brand new one 186 bhp 4x4. Auto. If your local to me I will do it for £120

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's a very good price, trouble is it has to be a VX Dealership to activate and keep the life time warranty alive? Although that does go against the EU regs which says; as long as genuine Vauxhall parts are used and the garage is VAT registered then the standard 3 year warranty should not be effected, but will effect the 10 year one?

I think VX has got around this by offering a this special 10 year warranty solely using VX Dealerships? The reason I can say that is if you take the car aboard and have it serviced by Opel, who is the parent company to VX, the life time warranty becomes void?

·
Registered
213 Posts
We have a 5 service plan with Peter Vardy, at the specified VX intervals of 20k miles. The plan works out at £23 per month and costs £1400 including VAT for all 5 services, taking us up to and including the 5yr/100,000 miles service. The plan is also fully transferrable, albeit to any other Peter Vardy purchase.
To me it sounded a huge amount but, it rounds off to less than £300 per service over all five, which isn't far off independent prices of £210 at a local non-dealership garage. Services get more expensive as time goes on so it's almost 'inflation proof' too.
I was going to cancel and put the money aside instead but, I suppose it only takes a warranty incident for that method to bite you in the ass when VX say "sorry, you breached our lifetime warranty conditions sir" and we'd be a bit [email protected]&d!
Having read a number of issues popping up within these forum walls I have decided to stay with the plan, even though in the next 2 years I shall have left the forces and probably be working within the Oil & Gas industry, I'm hoping that it'll still work out for me. Fingers crossed PV can stay in business for the next 5 years!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was in an Arnold Clark branch today and enquired about their price for Antara servicing. They quoted £305 for the first and £478 for the second. The girl could see I was not impressed so she then offered their service plan - £319 for 2 years and £419 for 3 years including the MOT test. Seems a good deal so I have signed up for a 3 year deal. It is non transferrable and non refundable so you need to be sure you are keeping the car for that time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine is due for it's first service at the end of the month, been quoted £175.00 at a local independent garage using genuine parts, will be phoning the local dealerships to compare.Service plans are easy money for dealers, who cash in on customers who want to protect there expensive purchase, usually these plans are massively over inflated, I was quoted £38 by Bristol Street.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ask for a breakdown. You may be shocked. £12/litre for oil - buy it yourself. Brake cleaner £9- supply yourself. You can also haggle with dealers- tell them you are on a tight budget and they can give you a discount. It all helps reduce the cost.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts