Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hoping for some advice, both my rear seatbelts in my 62 plate antara have been damaged, one is completely broken in half and the other has snagging and also a tear across the belt, the metal rings above the seat were the seatbelt runs through has been damaged and is very sharp and vauxhall firstly blamed my child seats but after a second visit to them they have now said the brackets inside the vehicle are damaged but it's not a manufactures fault so they won't fix it. I've asked them to take a more detailed look and they have basically said the decision has been made and it won't be changed. What do I do??? The parts are obviously rubbish and they want £500 to replace them. There's no way it could of been damaged by us firstly it's metal and secondly it's behind plastic casing. I'm stuck on where to go nextEdited by: Masonspotty

·
Registered
214 Posts
Can you take a photo of the part . We could have a look at ours and see if they are all the same. We don't use the rears to,often in are car
I have seen a few antara braking for spares on eBay so you could get a second hand set but replace the damaged part as well.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hi, I read in Autoexpress about a lad that had issues with an Astra wheels pitting. AE sorted it for him, but their advise for others was to go to Motor Codes or RMIF who can take the case up with VX.I have never used them but maybe worth a try. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.