Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of anywhere other than Vauxhall where you can get updates for Touch and Connect. This is probably the worst sat nav I have ever used and depending on the cost of updates I am seriously thinking of reverting to my Mio.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Your looking at about £120 from a dealer, my car came with 2010/11 edition, I complained to vauxhall and they said it was old stock the factory had used up! I complained and the dealer and vauxhall went halfies each. The box that it came with said the maps were TomTom but I don't think ordinary TomTom updates work.

No way would I pay £120 for updating the rubbish touch and connect system as you can get a really good unit for far less than that!Edited by: JR123

·
Registered
324 Posts
JR123 said:
Your looking at about £120 from a dealer, my car came with 2010/11 edition, I complained to vauxhall and they said it was old stock the factory had used up! I complained and the dealer and vauxhall went halfies each. The box that it came with said the maps where TomTom but I don't think ordinary TomTom updates work.

No way would I pay £120 for updating the rubbish touch and connect system as you can get a really good unit for far less than that!

How can I check which edition I have?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Right side of unit there is a small plastic panel which pulls out and you need to press the SD card for it to pop out.Edited by: JR123

·
Registered
15 Posts
There must be someone, somewhere that does cheap updates. There always is. It's just a matter of someone telling us who it is.There is probably even someone who is an electronic whizz kid whoknows how to make it into a decent satnav.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Having collected our new Antara from the dealer yesterday, I popped the SD card out of mine this morning. This is what I have stamped on it:

.045 V2.0 EU 182169

Does that make any sense to anybody?

-LaZ-

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lazarus said:
Having collected our new Antara from the dealer yesterday, I popped the SD card out of mine this morning. This is what I have stamped on it:

.045 V2.0 EU 182169

Does that make any sense to anybody?

-LaZ-

I would also like to know the same, anyone??

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hi Lazarus mines says045 V2-O EU
do not have a Scooby Doo what it means i think i will look it up on the internet when i have time

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
anybody know the name of the sat nav
unite that is used in the SE Nav 184 bps auto 2013

·
Registered
262 Posts
The upgrade I got from Vauxhall states on the box Original Road Maps, Touch and Connect Europe 2013 - maps by tomtom.

Haven't checked the new card, but the old one 045 V2.0 EU then serial number

System is definitely by Bosch Edited by: JR123

·
Registered
213 Posts
JR123 said:
...the old one 045 V2.0 EU then serial number..
That's what I have stamped on the card in my new 2013 model. Could you have a look at your 'updated' card and let us know if there is anything different stamped on it?

JR123, I'm curious how you were able to find out that your maps were 2010/2011, as I have no date to be seen anywhere on the card? Can you do a version check through the satnav unit itself, such as on an 'info' page? I have not found anything revealing in the manual so far, so I'm hoping you can shed some light on it for us?

Thanks.

-LaZ-

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Lazarus said:
JR123 said:
...the old one 045 V2.0 EU then serial number..
That's what I have stamped on the card in my new 2013 model. Could you have a look at your 'updated' card and let us know if there is anything different stamped on it?

JR123, I'm curious how you were able to find out that your maps were 2010/2011, as I have no date to be seen anywhere on the card? Can you do a version check through the satnav unit itself, such as on an 'info' page? I have not found anything revealing in the manual so far, so I'm hoping you can shed some light on it for us?

Thanks.

I also cannot find what dates my map is tried info but nothing

-LaZ-

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah of course I'll check - my car is still in the bodyshop and not sure when I'll get it back as the first paint job is getting re-done as the paint has gone a funny colour under the lacquer.

How I knew my maps were out of date was because roads in my area which had been changed approx 3 or more years ago where not on the system, yet were on the tomtom system in my renault. I contacted Vauxhall customer services asking why this was and the response I got back was my car was fitted 2010/11 maps so mapping probably done in 2009 and that Vauxhall couldn't control if the factory was using up old stock..... They said I had to paid for the upgrade I said no and that on a circa £27k car you should not be required to pay for updates. I believe the dealer and Vauxhall went halfies, but to be honest I didn't think the dealer was to blame at all.

All I know is the box I got the upgrade is for Vauxhall / Opel 2013 mapping.......Edited by: JR123

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks. I look forward to your future input. Hope all goes well at the body shop!

-LaZ-

1 - 20 of 70 Posts