Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div ="message" style="margin: 0px 10px; padding: 0px; min-height: 100px; color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;"><article><blockquote ="messageText ugc " style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11pt; font-family: Tahoma, Georgia, serif; line-height: 1.4;">I bought an 2009 Antara last September. It had been serviced by Vauxhall for the first 2 services but they hadn't filled in the anti perforation inspection part of the service book. I went to a local Vauxhall dealer today and was told that even though they had broke their own rules they wouldn't even consider repairing it. This means that if you own a Vauxhall car they can invalidate their warranty and you are left with sub standard car that will rust and they just don't care as they already have your money. I am going to trading standards with this to see how it can be that I have less than 4 year old car that is in this state. The rust is starting to come along the top of the chrome strip that is on the tailgate with the name and model on it. This is my first and will be my last Vauxhall. Has anyone else had the same problem?
</blockquote></article>
<div ="message" style="margin: -5px 10px; padding: 15px 5px 5px; font-size: 11px; overflow: ; zoom: 1; color: rgb20, 20, 20; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"><div ="privateControls" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; : left;">

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing your story.

It's very disappointing to hear stories like this but not surprised by the way dealers and manufacturers treat customers.

Have you spoken to Vauxhall themselves. If so what did they say. Normally they would send out an independent paint expert to check the rust out.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
If you use Facebook and twitter you normally get a response if you leave a message for Vauxhall customer care.

They don't like negative stuff posted.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
maka2812 said:
Done that> Are you the same Grumps as on VX online?
Yes I am.. You will find loads of us from Vxon are now here just because its all about the Antara here and less hassle.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Grumps said:
maka2812 said:
Yes I am.. You will find loads of us from Vxon are now here just because its all about the Antara here and less hassle.

Go wash your mouth out with soap !!!!!

You know what happens when you "promote" another Antara forum

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Antarius said:
Grumps said:
maka2812 said:

Go wash your mouth out with soap !!!!! 

You know what happens when you "promote" another Antara forum 
Oh aye that's right no links please
You were banned from there John were you not you trouble maker

·
Registered
659 Posts
Woah !!!! steady tiger !!!!

I am not "banned", I stopped posting as a matter of principal after I got an official warning for having the audacity to complain (via a post) about the moderators not doing their job properly and not controlling threads. I can still post if I want to but I don't want too

Thankfully we will not have any such issues on here

·
Registered
220 Posts
Antarius said:
Woah !!!! steady tiger !!!!

I am not "banned", I stopped posting as a matter of principal after I got an official warning for having the audacity to complain (via a post) about the moderators not doing their job properly and not controlling threads. I can still post if I want to but I don't want too

Now doesn't that sound familiar

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just been contacted be Vauxhall customer (that'sa laugh) services and they say the same as the service manager at the dealership. As the bookisn'tstamped correctly they wont do a thing to help. They are trying to get the first dealer to say they did the first 2 inspections and stamp the book this would say they did their bit and that it had no issues even though theydidn'tstamp the book. If the first dealer had done the correct inspections they would of found the rust.The anti perforation is 6 YEARS the car is only 4 years old.They just don't care I have never had such bad service. They have seen a way out that when I bought the car the service was from a non Vauxhall dealer. Which I had no control over as they service the car before you buy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just got this from Vauxhall so called customer services

After talking with you on 21 May 2013, you requested our decision in writing with regards to the Anti-corrosion checks on your Antara which was purchased out of warranty in September 2012.

After talking with Eastbourne Motoring Centre who are the original selling dealership I have been advised that no anti-corrosion checks were done on the vehicle while in the possession of another owner.

These checks were never requested by the previous owner,(This of course is impossible to prove) I am enclosing the statement which you can locate in the service book which advises when these checks are required.

Anti-Perforation

Inspection

Body/Underbody

Anti-Perforation Inspection

To maintain the Vauxhall New

Vehicle Warranty against corrosion,

the vehicle must be subjected to an

inspection by a Vauxhall Authorised

Repairer every year.

The vehicle must be submitted to the

workshop in a clean state so that the

anti-perforation inspection can be

carried out. Please bear in mind that

this applies to the underbody, wheel

arches, etc. as well as to the outside

of the vehicle. If you are unsure about

this point, we recommend that you

seek the advice of your Vauxhall

Authorised Repairer in advance.

All paint damage must be repaired

before the anti-perforation inspection

by a paint and bodyshop authorised

by Vauxhall.

Separate Service

The anti-perforation inspection is

necessary even following expiry of

the vehicle warranty in order to

maintain the warranty against rust

penetration.

·
Registered
659 Posts
maka2812 said:
If there is one thing I hate
it is corporate companies hiding behind the small print of their terms and conditions, rather than do the honourable thing and repair a fault that shouldn't be there in the first place.

From what I have heard personally, that seems to be the difference between the customer care of KIA and that of other car manufacturers such as Vauxhall, where KIA are seemingly prepared to always put the customer first.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
So now every time your car is in for a service you have to tell them to check for paint problems and rust otherwise they don't and your book won't get stamped!!!!

Well in all the years of getting my cars serviced I have never done that.

I would say its the dealers fault. A bit like putting your car in for a service and they forget to change the oil. It should be the dealers responsibility to check it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
This is actually quite a frightening turn of events.

The Antrara is only by second ever brand "new" car and I would never have even thought about asking my dealer to do this but since it has came to my attention, I certainly will from now on.

I have read several online reports of Vauxhall dismissing their "Lifetime" warranty from a car because the owner hasn't done this or that, each of which are ridiculous in the extreme.

There are reports of people having spent a small fortune on parts and services, just to try and ensure that the warranty is kept in force. Indeed I read about one owner who in the last 24 months since taking ownership of his new Vauxhall, has calculated out sticking to the small print in the warranty has cost him nearly £600 more than it would have done had he not followed the warranty guidelines.

It seems that Vauxhall are "raking" in the cash from Vauxhall Owners who are being forced to use Vauxhall parts and dealers in order to keep the warranty in force.

It is quite conceivable that this so called lifetime warranty, is going to cost an owner thousands of pounds over the years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been to 3 dealership today and made enquires about buying new Vauxhalls. I asked about servicing and warranties not one mentioned the rust warranty or the need to get the review done as a separate item every year although they did all tell me that the cars had a full anti perforation warranty and that it would cover any rust.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Antarius said:
maka2812 said:

If there is one thing I hate
it is corporate companies hiding behind the small print of their terms and conditions, rather than do the honourable thing and repair a fault that shouldn't be there in the first place.

From what I have heard personally, that seems to be the difference between the customer care of KIA and that of other car manufacturers such as Vauxhall, where KIA are seemingly prepared to always put the customer first.

To be fair - and I am playing devils advocate here - that's very much like asking a policeman to let a burglar off after being caught if he can point out that no one actually asked him NOT to rob that house. (I do know that there are policemen that do on occasions turn a blind eye - my Brother has just retired from the Meseyside police).

Or asking a shopkeeper not to press charges if a homeless person tries shop-lifting a loaf of bread because they haven't eaten for a few days.

I guess what I'm saying is that Vauxhall could deal with this problem - and take the financial hit - or could, quite within their rights, refuse to do the work.

Given that Vauxhall are by far the highest selling vehicles in Scotland - they really don't have an incentive to do the work - they already have their customer base.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Grumps said:
So now every time your car is in for a service you have to tell them to check for paint problems and rust otherwise they don't and your book won't get stamped!!!!

I would say its the dealers fault. A bit like putting your car in for a service and they forget to change the oil. It should be the dealers responsibility to check it.

Perhaps I'm a little confused here - but I thought that the original poster was saying that the first owner of the vehicle got the services done by a none Vauxhall agent who didn't stamp the book. Hence the warranty had become void.

Have I misread that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
maka2812 said:
I have been to 3 dealership today and made enquires about buying new Vauxhalls. I asked about servicing and warranties not one mentioned the rust warranty or the need to get the review done as a separate item every year although they did all tell me that the cars had a full anti perforation warranty and that it would cover any rust.

Oh Right - so the perforation warranty has to be serviced seperately is that what you're saying?

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
JFDM said:
Grumps said:

Perhaps I'm a little confused here - but I thought that the original poster was saying that the first owner of the vehicle got the services done by a none Vauxhall agent who didn't stamp the book. Hence the warranty had become void.

Have I misread that?
The first 2 services were done by a Vauxhall dealer who didn't fill out the paint warranty part of the service book but the last service done by the garage who the op bought the car from was not a Vauxhall dealer. But the bottom line is the first two services were dip one and the book wasn't filled out correctly.

To be honest I'm not sure my book has been filled out I must check it and I bet plenty other owners of other cars don't get the books stamped.

I would say if Vauxhall are not going to fix the paintwork then the dealer who did the services should be. They are the ones who should be paying to have it fixed and your case is with them not Vauxhall who to be fair are being petty about it. But the bottom line if they have a servicing procedure it should have been carried out.

Although I'm not sure about the owners having to specify that the bodywork is checked it should be part of the service.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts