Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this so my apologies if I'm going about this in the wrong way.

I have noticed for a little while now that I get a rumble/vibration from the rear of the car when turning (on either direction) at low speed. At all other times the car handles fine. It has been serviced recently and nothing was picked up then, it has also been in to another garage for a different reason and again nothing sinister there either. I've checked the tyre pressures and they are fine, I'm not getting any of the symptoms of wheel bearing issues and there is no play in the wheel when it's off the ground. There is some wear on the inner wall of the tyre so could it be that or possibly a balancing thing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Alex

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sounds like it could be your rear diff is low on oil, you should check it soon hopefully before any damage is incurred. To my knowledge this is not normally checked on a service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Excellent thanks for the information, would that not get worse the faster I go though? This only happens at very low speed and only when turning?

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you consider that some parts of a diff only move when your going around a corner because the wheels have to travel at different speeds. If I were you I would just eliminate this as a possibility. Lack of lubrication will wreck your diff. I know having destroyed an S type diff which ran low on oil after the pinion seal came loose. I not sure what else it can be other than the tyres.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you consider that some parts of a diff only move when your going around a corner because the wheels have to travel at different speeds. If I were you I would just eliminate this as a possibility. Lack of lubrication will wreck your diff. I know having destroyed an S type diff which ran low on oil after the pinion seal came loose. I not sure what else it can be other than the tyres.
Brilliant thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts