Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Road tax runs out on Sunday and my insurance runs out 2 days before, so I re-insured my car today and then went on line to tax the Antara.
Whilst going through it decides to tell me that I can't tax car as I have no insurance.
After several attempts at contacting the DVLA , I finally got throughand was asked when my insurance runs out. I told them on Friday to which they asked if I was intending to re-unsure . My reply was that I had already done this. Answer it won't show up 2 insurances at once and can take up to 3 days after. Quickest way apparently is to wait for documents and then go to post office.

so much for modern technology.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Dilligaf said:
My Road tax runs out on Sunday and my insurance runs out 2 days before, so I re-insured my car today and then went on line to tax the Antara.
Whilst going through it decides to tell me that I can't tax car as I have no insurance.
After several attempts at contacting the DVLA , I finally got throughand was asked when my insurance runs out. I told them on Friday to which they asked if I was intending to re-unsure . My reply was that I had already done this. Answer it won't show up 2 insurances at once and can take up to 3 days after. Quickest way apparently is to wait for documents and then go to post office.

so much for modern technology.

Afternoon Diligaf

Did you insure your Antara today using the same company as last year ?

If so and if I am reading your post correctly, you should be able to go to a Post Office and by using the insurance certificate that lapses on Friday, obtain a road tax for your Antara.

There should be no problem with "over the counter transactions" as staff at Post Offices etc, have no legal obligation or powers to question anyone in that regard. Their only concern is that the certificate is for the car to be taxed and it is in date.

Edited by: Antarius

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Antarius but my nearest post office off route to work and don't get home till 4am.

I just thought it would make life easier.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ah.....that is a problem

I totally agree with you that in this day and age something as relatively simple as an online transaction to obtain car tax should present no problems.

Unfortunately in most cases, companies who offer such services are only as good as the staff who actually input the up to date information on their computers.

·
Registered
215 Posts
As from the1/9/2008 u can drive the car for five days.so long as u have ordered online or spoke to dvla BEFORE it expires.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah but still a pain in the butt . Talking to the local police (rare sight) after 14 days you can be done for failing to display the disc if you are in possession of it.
Either way all done and thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.