Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My job for the weekend was fitting reversing camera and monitor which is automatically activated when reverse gear is engaged. all for a total price of £36.00  (camera in number plate light and monitor) plus my time fitting it

camera in number plate light,

rubber tap washers to level monitor to dash

monitor fitted and unobtrusive but visible

monitor comes on when reverse gear engaged

well pleased with the result.

Parts shown on Internet buys section.

Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep thanks Clive.
just make sure you put in a two amp inline fuse when you come off reversing light supply cable for protection if cable ever gets damaged it will then blow that fuse. I picked up cable by removing deep plastic pocket behind reversing light in boot.
On the monitor you have to change the cable outlet to other side just 4 small screws to remove bottom plate pull off cable tie from one post and fit onto post other side make a small cut for new position refit base then monitor cable connections will tuck away behind door rubber seal.
If you tow a caravan consider running a second video cable at the same time as monitor has two video inputs I think yellow in for car camera and if White is used that will get priority over number plate cam so if caravan is hooked up then camera on caravan will show automatically and not the antara camera.
you will have to let us know how you got on Clive Edited by: Bigjohnsparky

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thinking about fitting a reversing camera to caravan so when it's hooked up it will get priority over antaras camera when reversing

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep fitting reversing camera to caravan today
Plus got tpms for caravan tyre pal TC215B/2 as got it for £99.95 plus £4.95 p&p new instead of rrp £135 plus £4.95p&p that's monitor and two senders so I can keep an eye on what the caravan tyres are doing re pressure and temp
4 sensor kit TC215B/4 rrp £199.95 plus £4.95p&p for £159.95 plus £4.95p&p
Private message me for codes valid until 31st march 2017

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looks brilliant.
Someone's been busy

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's that job done camara changes to caravan camera automatically when hooked up and back to number plate light camera when not hitched up happy days

Rear caravan camera fitted top left

Camera connection at tow ball

Connect with protective coverEdited by: Bigjohnsparky

·
Registered
16 Posts
will the camera not connect to the touch and connect monitor ?

i was thinking of doing this as the rear view isnt the best lol

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No the touch and connect does not have the facility for reversing camera and not able to get a interface added this is why I have a seperate monitor and in a much better position to view I didn't want to change the touch and connect head.
I can now see behind the caravan when that's hooked up

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Roadster780
Sorry no I don't
I took the supply cable from reversing light the hardest part is getting cables from back of vehicle to the number plate light and getting through the rubber from vehicle to boot then run cables under carpet up to drivers door post to monitor

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was going to get it from reversing switch supply but was not needed as the monitor powered up on the video signal cable just made safe the monitor power cable

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Roadster780 said:
Thanks for that I appreciate your help
No probs glad to be of help

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Both Monitor and number plate light cover with camera are in posts on internet buys

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for all help, have fitted mine used similar monitor as you as you say bit of a rave routing the wiring I went via the headlining with mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts